#1 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted May 31, 2015 - 07:43 PM

I know this was a topic of discussion before, but for some reason I can't seem to find the original post. Anyhow, I'm bringing this up again so that we can get members united in joining together and having Meet and Greets all over the United States. There are various Tractor Shows throughout the Country, and there is just something about meeting other members face-to-face and finally getting the chance to shake a hand or two.

Here in PA, we have started a GTtalk Meet and Greet at one of the larger shows last year, and it was a success. So much so, that we had another Meet and Greet last weekend at a new local show. Everybody has a great time, and with some help from other members planning to attend, food and drinks can easily be obtainable. If you know of a local show coming up in your area, please feel free to announce the show date and watch to see the response that you may get from other members planning on attending the show. Someone familiar with the area, step up to the plate and start getting things rolling like a location (show grounds if allowed) a time frame, and start posting who is willing to bring what as far as food, drinks and desserts. It's really not that hard to put something together. You'll get to know other members, and before you know it, it will be something that the local members will start looking forward to. 

There has been discussion lately that we should start having Meet and Greets even if a local show isn't on the schedule. Say like a family picnic so to speak. If only planning around a show, you are limited in seeing some of the members to only once or twice a year. We are kicking around the idea of possibly getting together at least once every two, maybe three months. I think I can safely say our area members will enjoy it, and I'm pretty sure if you others members will get it started in your areas, you'll enjoy it too. 

If planning a Meet and Greet at one of your local shows, please remember to take lots of pictures of the gathering, post a list of the members who attended, and try to get a group photo of all the members who attended. Hopefully in the future, we can start a membership gallery of our Meet and Greets, to help show how much we've grown over the years. Consider it, put in the effort, and enjoy the time of fellowship with each other. I'm confident that you'll make friends and memories that you didn't know were possible! 

• Bolens 1000, Gtractor, Alc and 8 others have said thanks

#2 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted May 31, 2015 - 08:09 PM

Maybe some of the members who have attended a Meet and Greet will chime in and express their feelings or opinions of these get together's. 

#3 Alc OFFLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,458 Thanks
  • 6,627 posts

Posted May 31, 2015 - 08:14 PM

Troy , my wife and I really enjoyed the Meet and Greet at the Roots show
  • truck21 and johndeereelfman have said thanks

#4 truck21 OFFLINE  

truck21

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2813
  • 431 Thanks
  • 254 posts

Posted May 31, 2015 - 08:27 PM

My wife and I were lucky enough to be able to host the Roots show meet & greet this year and yes, it was a little bit of work but the fun and fellowship we enjoyed made it all worth it. Hope to be able to do it again next year.

Don.

• Alc, johndeereelfman and EricR have said thanks

#5 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,662 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted June 01, 2015 - 03:26 AM

Guess I can't participate cause....I don't like people, specially in groups!  :smilewink:  I meet up with a few PKr's at some shows and that works for me. I DO also go to a Wheelhorse one in October in N. Indiana. It is kind of a small show and swap meet and has some Amish ladies who do sell food and deserts at it.  Once or twice a year is fine. Every other Month....Not!  Winter would not be of interest to me at all. :( 

#6 VintageIronCollector ONLINE  

VintageIronCollector

Immersed in Tractors

• Contributor
  • Member No: 33118
  • 1,267 Thanks
  • 1,768 posts

Posted August 13, 2015 - 07:42 PM

Maybe some of the members who have attended a Meet and Greet will chime in and express their feelings or opinions of these get together's. 

Just saw this thread now but yup I loved the one at Root's.

• Alc and johndeereelfman have said thanks

#7 truck21 OFFLINE  

truck21

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2813
  • 431 Thanks
  • 254 posts

Posted August 17, 2015 - 08:43 PM

I hosted the Roots show meet and greet and attended the Dover show meet and greet and had a very good time at both. I hope to be hosting Roots meet and greet again in June 2016. Hope I see many of you there.

Don

• johndeereelfman said thank you