• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 01, 2011 - 07:03 AM

I wanted to add also that it was great getting to see the horses plow also. They just walk along like it's nobodies business :D

#77 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,288 Thanks
  • 28,622 posts

Posted May 01, 2011 - 08:42 AM

I will post more later, but just wanted to say what a fantastic time we had today. The weather was great and we all had time to do some plowing. I would like to thank Alan (MH81) and Steve (Caseguy) for allowing us to be a part of their clubs plowday.

I was going to post last night but I was beat so I decided to just call it a night. We had a great time and want to thank Alan, Steve and their families and club for having us. Couldn't have asked for better weather and I think we all have the sunburn to prove it LOL.

It was great seeing you guys again. My wife finally has faces to put with some name too!

The Bush Hog and the 800 both did really well. The bugs are definitely out of the Bolen's belts and in about 45 seconds, George had the carb adjusted.

Everyones tractor did well, and the little snags were just that, little.

Thanks again to everyone who came!

BTW: Heads up for anyone who is interested, next years Summer Show will be featuring Garden Tractors and Orphans. Our second feature will be Hand Forged related items and equipment.

Edited by MH81, May 01, 2011 - 08:52 AM.

#78 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted May 01, 2011 - 09:31 AM

It was great to see George II and George III ( The GTTalk Royal family LOL) again! We really appreciate you guys making the trek up to join us in our event! It was also great to meet Jerome, Sparky, and Casey & his Dad! I can't speak for everyone else, but I had a great time plowing, tinkering, B.S.ing, eating, and B.S.ing! (yes I know I said that twice LOL!)
On to the pictures!

DSCN2137.jpg

Aside from a few mechanical glitches here and there, the day was a great success! Dirt was turned, fuel was spent, and (I believe) fun was had by all!
I would never have believed that I would meet such great people and make fast friends of them from an online forum! Many, many thanks to George for seeing the need for this forum and fulfilling it!

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN2092.jpg
  • DSCN2094.jpg
  • DSCN2101.jpg
  • DSCN2065.jpg
  • DSCN2087.jpg
  • DSCN2040.jpg
  • DSCN2073.jpg
  • DSCN2042.jpg
  • DSCN2067.jpg
  • DSCN2058.jpg
  • DSCN2053.jpg
  • DSCN2061.jpg
  • DSCN2117.jpg
  • DSCN2041.jpg
  • DSCN2055.jpg
  • DSCN2085.jpg
  • DSCN2049.jpg
  • DSCN2100.jpg
  • DSCN2107.jpg
  • DSCN2070.jpg
  • DSCN2122.jpg
  • DSCN2111.jpg
  • DSCN2146.jpg
  • DSCN2147.jpg
  • DSCN2076.jpg
  • DSCN2089.jpg
  • DSCN2059.jpg

• grand, MH81 and KennyP have said thanks

#79 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted May 01, 2011 - 10:18 AM

Sure looks like a good time for all! Wish I coulda been there......really I do!

#80 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted May 01, 2011 - 10:31 AM

Sure looks like a good time for all! Wish I coulda been there......really I do!

:ditto: Lots of GREAT looking tractors, turning the soil and having lots of fun. Maybe next year...

#81 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,682 posts

Posted May 01, 2011 - 11:37 AM

Thanks for the pics, everyone. Would have been nice to go to. I liked the horses doing their thing, also.

#82 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1574
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted May 01, 2011 - 12:15 PM

Thanks to Nutndun an Grand for letting me drive the ol fossil fuelers - nothing like " go at throttle up ! " . The hay baling still requires lots of internal combustion. Had a good time. :D
  • MH81 said thank you

#83 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted May 01, 2011 - 12:32 PM

Thanks for the pictures. It looks like a good time. I took a drive yesterday up the Annapolis valley , a nearby agricultural area. I didn't see much land turned over for planting yet. It's a bit early here and it has been real wet lately.

#84 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 01, 2011 - 12:38 PM

I see George and Steve got a lot of great pics as well. And I enjoyed the day up there plowing, but today my sunburn hurts lol. I spent an hour today (in a light rain) unloading my tractors today... all of them wet.... And I got them all offloaded without brakes!! Sure I used other stuff to stop but that's beside the point lol. And of course the switch for the alternator on the Caterpillar got left on last night so the battery was dead. I have to fix the ignition switch on it sometime as it proved it was too corroded to last the day. I did get all of them except the Springfield I bought thru Steve put away, the Caterpillar went to live in the old shed addition (the one that flooded) for now as I didn't want rain getting too and ruining the winch and or alternator somehow, and the shop filled back up quick lol. The day was definitely great despite the issues I ran into, wish some1 had brought a chain up on that hill LOL.

I enjoyed plowing with the Caterpillar more than the Case because it was well, more fun and less pita lol. I had fun despite all the issues I had and was glad to see that every1 was struggling some, and not just me lol. I knew going in I was going to struggle because the Caterpillar had been "done" less than 24 hours before I sank the plow into the ground lol. Then, I had never used the Case 444 for "work" until yesterday, so had no idea it wasn't running in its full powerband. Then of course the one that wasn't broken at all.... lost the brake drum, which I later found somehow, thankfully. All in all it was worth the trouble, and I did get a green shirt despite George trying to pawn a pink one off on me lol.

Can't wait to meet up with all of you later this year at other events. Thanks for entertaining us all Alan. Put in a big thanks to Mr. and Mrs. Alsdorf for all of us.

#85 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 01, 2011 - 03:59 PM

I tried telling Casey the only shirts we had left were pink belly shirts. He didn't go for it though LOL

I am uploading the video as I type this and will post it once it is finished. I am surprised I didn't take more photos and videos. I must have been too busy just being around friends and having a good time I forgot about taking more videos and pics. We at least got some video which will show some of the action.

#86 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 01, 2011 - 04:40 PM

I can't wait to see some video George. Right now I have the battery on the Caterpillar charging and the sun came out, debating getting all of them out to dry but probably wont. I need to work on that Caterpillar this week to get it working good, then I will start on the other stuff.

#87 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 01, 2011 - 05:28 PM

Alright here is the video. Hopefully we will get to make it next year.

• MH81 and KennyP have said thanks

#88 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 01, 2011 - 05:44 PM

Decent video, except I feel shortchanged, that Caterpillar was plowing uphill spinning tires just like everyone else's tractors. Most other shots were downhill lol. Other than that good video, and I know the downhill plowing with the Caterpillar video was taken, question is by who lol.

#89 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted May 01, 2011 - 05:51 PM

George, Thanks so much for posting the video. So Casey is on the Case and the Cat/GT18, You are on the Bush Hog, Is that Casey's dad on the 800? The Horses looked great, And what about that Ryan, boy he was showin all yall how to plow!!!. Was that sparky on th Elec Trac?

#90 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 01, 2011 - 06:00 PM

Yes that was Sparky on the Elec-Trak. It was also Sparky on the Bolens 800 in one of the shots and then my dad in one of the shots.