• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 alleyyooper OFFLINE  

alleyyooper
  • Member No: 58852
  • 864 Thanks
  • 353 posts

Posted May 31, 2015 - 06:56 AM

Picked this thing up out of a trash heap 2 years ago with a little snow blower.

20130503_0253_zps567102b4.jpg

20130501_0148_zps0b631613.jpg

20130501_0150_zps24fa6f2c.jpg

the snow blower was out of gasoline and the electric starter doesn't work. I put gas in it mixed 50:1 as called for and have worked the snot out of it for two winters. Is really lite and handy to put in the back of the pick up and go do small drives and walks different places.

The leaf blower vac was dry also but refused to start when I put some fuel in it mixed 40:1. It would start and run when I spritzed fuel in the top of the carb. Removed the carb and took it apart as much as one can then put it in a pan of Lacquer thinner for a couple days. Took it out blew out all the orifices, reassembled and installed it. Blower started up and ran great , I use it to blow off the Z turn when I finish one mow job about to move to another, also use it to blow off all the drives and walks. I have even used it in the winter when we get a light dry fluffy snow to clean the car and truck off and the approach to the garage.  

A problem resent arose and I was removing my hair trying to figure it out. Decided the only thing I had not done was replace the fuel filter.

The fuel line just fell apart when I hooked it with the wire to pull it out. Was simple to remove the cap totally to get it out of the way and shake the filter out along with bits of hose.

I got new fuel lines and it appears I have to about total strip the case off to route them.

I am now sure of the model number, serial number starts with 952 but that doesn't seem to work when asked the model number.

Any Idea on year and model number?

:D   Al

Edited by alleyyooper, May 31, 2015 - 08:24 AM.

• Traill95 and laurarg3 have said thanks

#2 sodisr OFFLINE  

sodisr
  • Member No: 9153
  • 651 Thanks
  • 762 posts

Posted May 31, 2015 - 10:40 AM

yooper;;;  Can't help you with the leaf blower,,,, But I have the same snow blower as that...  It will be a sad day when that gives up..Iv'e had it for almost 10 yrs. and simply love it..

#3 alleyyooper OFFLINE  

alleyyooper
  • Member No: 58852
  • 864 Thanks
  • 353 posts

Posted June 10, 2015 - 07:37 AM

Got the new fuel line and filter reinstalled. It now is running like a brand new one.

Going to see if I can come up with a way to blow the gutters out with it standing on the ground. think some PVC should work but may be heavy.

:D   Al