My LGT 145 has been developing several problems. Some of them are things I found & shown in a post called Interesting Wear Point that were easy to live with until I was ready to do some restore to it. Then the tractor developed a problem that needed to be repaired. The hydraulic lift was barely able to lift its self. So I decided it was time to do some repairs & removed most of the body panels as I felt it would be easier to work on the hydraulics with the rear fenders & drive shaft guard removed. I had purchased some new front tires so all of the wheels have been removed. The way the lift had been acting I felt it was the cylinder that was the problem. For another future project I had purchased the components for hydraulic lift so I had a cylinder to use for the test. The other cylinder solved this problem & seems to actually lift better with more power then before. Looking at the Service Manual I find in Section 3C that these hydraulic cylinders are rebuild able so in the future I will try to rebuild the one that is not working. One of the wear points that I had shown in the other post & since I had it a part I decided to repair it.
As mentioned in the other Post I was going to use another ball joint on the other end of the rod.
First I welded the worn hole & drilled it for mounting the ball joint as suggested by someone I found that there was not enough clearance for nut on the back side.
Rethinking the whole process I decided to weld a piece of 1 inch bar were this would mount & fill the hole that I had drilled with weld also. After grinding to clean up the welding I drilled the size hole for a 3/8-24 tap & threaded the holed. This is the threads that the ball joint uses. I mounted the ball joint to this so that I could trim the extra threaded part off.
Another change that I made was put in a grease zerk because I was starting to see some wear on the bar.
I have found some other repairs that I will show in another post as it is getting late.