• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 curts garage OFFLINE  

curts garage

• Member No: 1256
  • 40 Thanks
  • 70 posts

Posted May 30, 2015 - 10:12 PM

decompression weight is sticking all the time, runs like crap, going to disable end of story, would it be best to cut tab off or pull cam and remove weights?  this is in my uncles tractor and has been an ongoing problem for 3 years and major problem after last guy worked on it when I didnt have time to work on it.

• larisaPn said thank you

#2 curts garage OFFLINE  

curts garage

• 40 Thanks
  • 70 posts

Posted May 30, 2015 - 11:45 PM

K321 motor by the way....

#3 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,304 Thanks
  • 2,336 posts

Posted May 30, 2015 - 11:49 PM

Spring could of broke on the ACR or the valves are out of adjustment Or the piston rings are shot.All 3 will cause low compression.

Take the Cam cover off and spin it over by hand.You should be able to see the spring.

post-22-132893692606.jpg

Edited by EricFromPa, May 30, 2015 - 11:53 PM.

• Alc and jd.rasentrac have said thanks

#4 curts garage OFFLINE  

curts garage

• 40 Thanks
  • 70 posts

Posted June 01, 2015 - 06:53 AM

The previous guy that worked on it replaced the spring u put in pic, I understand the whole concept, BUT I need this tractor stupid simple and reliable.  It used to be that the mechanism would act as it should, tractor would start great and all of a sudden pop open and run like crap, hard start ect.......... 

Engine makes decent power, just want to eliminate this completely. Tractor is used to mow grass at gmas house only, never any other tasks.  This used to be inermitant, now its all the time, uncle wants to just keep using it, so I pulled it in the garage and pulled motor out before he blows it up.  My only concerns are if the valves or seats have any damage from him running it like this and if I should cut the tab off or pull all the weights, spring and pins....