2 replies to this topic

#1 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,167 Thanks
  • 4,511 posts

Posted May 30, 2015 - 06:26 PM

A few weeks ago I made a long trip and picked up a G16XT that was supposed to have a bad starter.  Had a sleeve hitch and 12V winch along with a Disc and Simplicity cultivator.  Cost as much for the 700 mile round trip than it did for the tractor.  Long story short the starter needed a good cleaning and lube job an it works just fine.  Had some issues with the throttle linkage, etc on the engine but finally got those taken care off.  Paint is in real good condition but I think all the white has been repainted.  Waiting for the hood decals to be cut and put them on.  Only thing with the winch to lift the sleeve hitch is it definitely is a bump on the buttons to control it.  It really turn to fast.  Going to add a cut out switch so when it gets to high it cuts the power to the controller.  Will save tearing the cable off like I have done a time or two.

Will look much better once the decals are on it.  Do any of these hour meters still run ? ? ? ?

G16-1.JPG             G16-2.JPG

G16-3.JPG            G16-4.JPG

• Gtractor and Bill 76 have said thanks

#2 Bill 76 ONLINE  

Bill 76
  • Member No: 49625
  • 1,646 Thanks
  • 1,060 posts

Posted May 31, 2015 - 02:05 AM

I got the same tractor except for the rear hitch,I just use it for blowing snow.If I remember its a 1979----Yep the hour meter still works but I don't use it for anything.

• chieffan said thank you

#3 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,167 Thanks
  • 4,511 posts

Posted May 31, 2015 - 07:05 AM

Will do some checking on my hour meter but can't read it as the tractor sat with the sun shining on it to long and clouded the lens.  Have to get the head light polish out and go to work on it to start with and see if it is working.  If it is I go no further.  I don't have any attachments for mine except for sleeve hitch pieces, cultivators, plow, disk, and pulls carts & wagons around.  Would like to get a deck & mule drive for this but hard to come up with in this area.