• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Garoyl OFFLINE  

Garoyl
  • Member No: 54888
  • 18 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted May 29, 2015 - 01:38 PM

The splines are worn offf pto driveshaft!. Need resources to locate a new one!. Does anyone duplicate the old one and machine a new one?. Please reply. Thanks, Garoyl

#2 limebuzz OFFLINE  

limebuzz

• Member No: 795
  • 861 Thanks
  • 876 posts

Posted May 29, 2015 - 02:10 PM

There is a place in Cambridge Ontario Canada that will Build a new shaft. But your better off just buying a chunk of 3/4 piece of stock and build new pulleys. Way cheaper than getting one made. Or just buy a parts tractor. Lol. Ask our site sponsors Joe sometimes has them I think. Good luck 

#3 VICHARRIS ONLINE  

VICHARRIS

• Member No: 1381
  • 50 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted July 08, 2015 - 08:13 PM

Sorry, to miss on your 1650 worn PTO splines. If your are talking about the upper PTO drive shaft. What you can use instead is 3/4 or 1 inch shafting with a 1/4 keyway . And for the sheaves, I used cast iron double groove. Works great on 2M  MF GT'S 1650 with 3PT hitch and rear PTO.

• ducky said thank you

#4 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted July 09, 2015 - 07:44 AM

Sorry, to miss on your 1650 worn PTO splines. If your are talking about the upper PTO drive shaft. What you can use instead is 3/4 or 1 inch shafting with a 1/4 keyway . And for the sheaves, I used cast iron double groove. Works great on 2M  MF GT'S 1650 with 3PT hitch and rear PTO.

I did the same on a m1650.  Welded a section of 1/4" keyed shaft to the rear half of the original shaft, as the rear section still had great splines.  A cast double groove pulley on the front.  Member "Craig" has had the tractor for quite a few years now, and it's still working fine, and he uses the rear pto often.

• ducky and ENafziger have said thanks

#5 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,623 Thanks
  • 3,860 posts

Posted July 11, 2015 - 08:04 AM

I have found that you should use tube for the main part of the shaft and weld in stubs on the end to prevent the shaft from wobbling at high speed.

• limebuzz said thank you