4 replies to this topic

#1 Motofan81 OFFLINE  

Motofan81
  • Member No: 69072
  • 35 Thanks
  • 31 posts

Posted May 27, 2015 - 07:55 AM

http://shoals.craigs...5039209577.html

Not sure if it is a good price or anything but you don't see many in this neck of the woods, figured someone could be interested

• boyscout862 said thank you

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,804 Thanks
  • 7,545 posts

Posted May 27, 2015 - 07:57 AM

That seems to be in pretty good shape and says that it runs. I think that its a good deal if it is as advertised. Good Luck, Rick

#3 tiretrx OFFLINE  

tiretrx

Village Idiot

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8012
  • 938 Thanks
  • 686 posts

Posted May 27, 2015 - 12:12 PM

Never had a Speedex, but I love their look! If it's a solid runner, how much downside could there be?

#4 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,664 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted May 27, 2015 - 01:29 PM

Man, another new model to me!  I have the 1622, which this looks like, is auto like this and 3pt (wich is solid arms, not swiveling). If it is running, should be good, not great, but good. Believe or not, this will probly be a late 80's or an early 90's tractor, hard to believe. They use the same trans-axle as the MTD's used for many years in the bigger tractors. Wonder why diff model name, or just same tractor with decals diff?  The lower tin extension is missing on grill, many are. Wonder if it has the angle drive in front area to run the mower? Can't tell in picture. No attachments? Decks weren't that good from them, but were diff than most. If you look thru the Speedex forum here, you will see mine being painted up and re-done. 1622 is model for mine. Just to note: that should be foot control drive, which is way to go!

Where's "Shoals"?  East Coast state?  Odd to find way out there I bet.

#5 Motofan81 OFFLINE  

Motofan81
  • Member No: 69072
  • 35 Thanks
  • 31 posts

Posted May 27, 2015 - 10:58 PM

Man, another new model to me!  I have the 1622, which this looks like, is auto like this and 3pt (wich is solid arms, not swiveling). If it is running, should be good, not great, but good. Believe or not, this will probly be a late 80's or an early 90's tractor, hard to believe. They use the same trans-axle as the MTD's used for many years in the bigger tractors. Wonder why diff model name, or just same tractor with decals diff?  The lower tin extension is missing on grill, many are. Wonder if it has the angle drive in front area to run the mower? Can't tell in picture. No attachments? Decks weren't that good from them, but were diff than most. If you look thru the Speedex forum here, you will see mine being painted up and re-done. 1622 is model for mine. Just to note: that should be foot control drive, which is way to go!

Where's "Shoals"?  East Coast state?  Odd to find way out there I bet.

The shoals area is northeast alabama, specifically Muscle Shoals and Florence.

That is wild i would have guessed it to be way older but then i know diddly squat about speedex machines