• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted May 26, 2015 - 09:45 PM

Got an allis chalmers b112 today for dirt cheap. Has a tiller and mower deck. So how common are these models? it has a variable drive on it as well. I know nothing about these allis so im gonna rely on you wonderful folks to help me  :wave: super excited!!!

Attached Thumbnails

• 2015-05-26 20.17.33.jpg
  • 2015-05-26 20.17.37.jpg
  • 2015-05-26 20.26.40.jpg

Edited by Dieselcubmike, May 26, 2015 - 10:41 PM.

• wvbuzzmaster and boyscout862 have said thanks

#2 JBRamsey OFFLINE  

JBRamsey
  • Member No: 61995
  • 973 Thanks
  • 587 posts

Posted May 26, 2015 - 09:52 PM

Dude, they're crap!! The best thing you can do is to park it under a tarp and let me take it away when I come to PA in July!

I don't have an Allis but I have a 1965 Simplicity and I love it. Mows great. Runs strong. My neighbors with the shiny new mowers used to make fun of me mowing with mine. That ended after I challenged them to a drag race from cul de sac to cul de sac and spanked them!

Get the deck set up properly and you won't want to mow with anything else.

Have fun and good luck with it.
  • boyscout862, Dieselcubmike and Bolens800uk have said thanks

#3 Tim Bergfeld OFFLINE  

Tim Bergfeld
  • Member No: 60783
  • 218 Thanks
  • 449 posts

Posted May 26, 2015 - 09:55 PM

I live in Cincinnati they are very common here for how old they are. Now you have the good tiller those work better than the round top tillers. A mower and tiller in real good shape here is about 500 to 700 depending on condition. They are great mowers you will love it
  • boyscout862 and Dieselcubmike have said thanks

#4 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted May 26, 2015 - 10:11 PM

We have a 110 at work and ive used it once so far and it was an absolute pleasure to mow with. Once i seen this was posted for sale i drove as quickly as possible to pick it up. Ended up getting the round hood wheel as part of the package. Very excited to put it together and play with it.

• boyscout862 and Bolens800uk have said thanks

#5 Talntedmrgreen ONLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,062 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted May 27, 2015 - 08:42 AM

The 112 is one of the most common models, and the variable drive is what makes it a 112 (that and an oem 12hp Briggs).  A 110 would be it's kin, and came as a 10hp 3-speed.  The variables sold like hotcakes, but the drive is very prone to belt and linkage wear and operator error/adjustment.  They can be difficult or impossible to make work properly, and I'm not sure if there are more fans or enemies of the setup.  Solid tractors, otherwise.  A popular mod is to disable the variable all-together.

The tiller is actually a 32" model...same as the roundtop previously mentioned, but with different tin.  It has a more complex mule drive than the later and more pricey, 36" models.  You will want to make sure you have that COMPLETE mule on the tractor.  There's lots of bits and pieces that often go missing over time.  A bolt-n-go mule will fetch up to $150...a complete tiller/mule around $150-200 (unless you live in WI, where these can go for much more for some strange reason).  Peek at the bottom of the drive case on the tiller...they tend to wear thin there from use, and will eventually leak and let dirt in.  Yours looks damp there from the picture, but it could just be from the case seal.  

• Dieselcubmike and Simpleton have said thanks