• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 mrmd OFFLINE  

mrmd
  • Member No: 62285
  • 207 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted May 22, 2015 - 09:13 PM

Yes I know Brian . He started out hauling bread. Does he haul out of s,Ville or still hauling bread. I sometimes came to Stateville every day during busy times. Did you start there when they opened that new facility? I retired end of 08. Would come up from Lincoln and maybe spend 2 or 3 days working that area. Years ago there were tons of furniture coming out of that shop. Delivered to any state agency all over the state.
  • laurarg3 said thank you

#17 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted May 23, 2015 - 02:52 PM

i think both, he hauls bread and hauls out of Stateville.  I have been there a little over 2 years, CMS decided to open a mechanical garage there next to the radio lab, from what I understand it was empty and under used, the State already owned it and had the building, so they used what they had rather than buying (or leasing, I guess they do a bunch of that) another facility.

and like you delivered to any and all State facilities, I work on any car or truck 1-ton and less, that is state owned. Alot of 08 and newer Impalas, Clown Vics, F 150's, F 250 crew cabs, and 1 ton Ford vans.  starting to see more Malibu's,  see a few hybrids in the mix, tauruses are dying out and going by the wayside, the Clown vics seem to be dwindling now, too.

Edited by dodge trucker, May 23, 2015 - 02:57 PM.

#18 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,592 Thanks
  • 7,653 posts

Posted May 23, 2015 - 04:09 PM

Copper? Crud, I was cutting up 900 pair telephone cable with a chop saw today! I could of boxed up the copper clad slime remnants and mailed them out! Moss-killing brick face copper paste! Gold star for recycling.

Anything copper kills most plants. A copper wire twisted around a tree will kill it. As was said a copper strip at the peak of a wood shingle roof will keep moss from growing. It will kill algae in a pond, but also kill snails and some catfish. I would thing if the op put a copper wire/ strip up above the problem area where rain water would leach should take care of it.

• boyscout862 and dodge trucker have said thanks

#19 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted May 24, 2015 - 08:28 AM

ok I am waiting for a new hose for my newly acquired hot water power washer via EPay. Once that gets here and I can blast the heavy accumulation away, I'll try some of these ideas.

#20 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,835 Thanks
  • 3,185 posts

Posted May 28, 2015 - 12:11 PM

We've used a copper sulfate solution to treat fence posts. That would work in a spray bottle or a pail and apply it with a broom if the area is too extensive for the spray. Does tend to give a blue-green tint to things though.
  • boyscout862 and dodge trucker have said thanks

#21 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,355 Thanks
  • 39,630 posts

Posted May 29, 2015 - 07:01 PM

Put the brick on CL! Some folks love anything mossy!

• WNYTractorTinkerer and dodge trucker have said thanks

#22 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted June 04, 2015 - 05:47 PM

well this weekend I'm gonna try the spraying the brick w/ Roundup and let it sit a couple days before power washing it off. Still at square one as the hot water power washer I bought from CL wound up a piece o' junk,  will probably wind up putting the money into that as it is a $4k machine (new), by the time I put a new leak free heating coil in it I will have about 20-25% of that in it,  otherwise I throw away the $ that I spent on it.... so I still get to see who I can borrow one from to get this task done; thatll give the RU a chance to soak in and work... hopefully if I spray the RU before I powerwash it, it will be able to soak into the roots better....so when I do power wash it will be gone more permanently.

#23 WH1055 OFFLINE  

WH1055
  • Member No: 10981
  • 26 Thanks
  • 30 posts

Posted June 29, 2015 - 12:24 PM

Wet and forget for me. It works and it's easy. Just wet it and forget it.

• dodge trucker said thank you

#24 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted June 29, 2015 - 05:54 PM

Wet and forget for me. It works and it's easy. Just wet it and forget it.

I have looked all over for it, their website claims several stores in my area that supposedly sell it but nobody ay any of the stores that supposedly carry it have heard of it. Menard's has teh shower version and according to the Wet and forget site, they are supposed to have the outdoor stuff but no.   Same at Lowe's, Ace Hardware and Farm&Fleet.  All listed by the company as having the stuff in stock but  nope.