13 replies to this topic

#1 middleageddeere OFFLINE  

middleageddeere

Tacos!

• Member No: 2033
  • 243 Thanks
  • 1,082 posts

Posted March 26, 2011 - 06:11 PM

Well, it is official I am addicted. I just started off with the two John Deere's then added one more Deere then got a Massey and then today I bought 3 simplicity's a 2012, a 728,, a 515 a sears suburban 10hp and a JD 111 (parts for the STX38). The 2012 came with a tiller, snowblower and snowblade. The Sears came with a snowblower, snowblade and a shaft driven deck. The 728 and the 515 just came with decks. Some of them I plan to keep and some I plan to fix and keep. None of them run, well the Sears kinda does. All need tires and batteries and some small amount of work to get going. Nothing major. The 111 is toast, just parting that. Everything seems in pretty decent shape for the money, depends on hard they are to get going!

My question is...I don't know anything about these Simplicities. I know the 2012 is pretty capable and is a real beast too, can't believe how heavy that sucker is! But other than that I really don't know anything about them.

The guy I bought four of these from had a pretty nice looking David Bradley, I don't know much about them so, I didn't snag that one. But he sounded ready to part with it and it had all the tin and ran good ( I think). If anyone wants me to contact him or snag it for them just let me know.

Sears sub 10.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• simple 2012.jpg
  • big load 1.jpg
  • simple 728.jpg

#2 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted March 26, 2011 - 06:15 PM

Nice haul. i like the that big simpicty

#3 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted March 26, 2011 - 06:18 PM

Good haul .:thumbs:

#4 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted March 26, 2011 - 06:23 PM

Ah HaH, I new it would happen.(last week)
You`re hooked.
Just remember, you`re right, no matter what your wife, kids, friends, butcher, dry cleaner, accountant, etc. say.
They just don`t get it.
They never will.
Stick to your guns, and use em if you have to.

Welcome to the club.:D:D

#5 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 26, 2011 - 06:40 PM

Talk about jumping right in :thumbs:

That Simplicity 2012 is awesome. Definitely a capable machine for sure. Has the hubcaps and everything. Gotta restore that one :D

#6 middleageddeere OFFLINE  

middleageddeere

Tacos!

• 243 Thanks
  • 1,082 posts

Posted March 26, 2011 - 06:54 PM

I agree George. I really like that one. I hear the little one, the 515, is pretty rare. Anyone verify? Also, any guesses as to price I paid for all? I would like to gauge if I did good or not...

#7 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 26, 2011 - 06:56 PM

I am going to guess around $450 - $500 for all since they are not running, even if you paid more it would still be worth it. Parts alone are worth more then what you paid plus you got some attachments. I am guessing though you got a good deal. I am not good at guesstimating prices for our beloved tractors even though I am an estimator by trade LOL.
  • middleageddeere said thank you

#8 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted March 26, 2011 - 07:28 PM

Good haul and I guess you are now a true tractor addict. Don't worry though you are in good company. The 2012 will make you a heavy duty tractor for sure. The 728 and the 515 are very good mowing machines. The front axles are welded to the frame and the frame should pivot right about at the front edge of the rear fender/seat pan and just to the front of the tranny. It is common for this pivot joint to freeze up. If both of yours are free at the pivot you are a lucky guy. The 515 is a cute little tractor and I am sure that there were not as many of those sold as the larger 728 models.

#9 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted March 26, 2011 - 07:36 PM

Nice haul, the big Simplicity is a GREAT tractor, that one is a keeper if I were you!!

#10 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted March 26, 2011 - 08:18 PM

That 2012 looks awfully good as-is. I'd be tempted just to clean it up good & leave it original. Great haul!

#11 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted March 26, 2011 - 08:25 PM

Some folks like to wade into the water and test it out and then we have adventurous folks like you that just jump in with both feet. Congratulations on your new additions, and please keep us posted on the latest tractors.

#12 middleageddeere OFFLINE  

middleageddeere

Tacos!

• 243 Thanks
  • 1,082 posts

Posted March 26, 2011 - 08:31 PM

Never been much for wading...lol Well, George since noone else is guessing you were dead on. $480 for all 5 tractors and attachments. I thought it was pretty good but I really don't know. I agree with that as well Daniel, I like the way it looks now, I think I might replace the lights and clean it up real good. But all in all they all "look" pretty good. I am a little apprehensive about trying to get all these things to run, but a good buddy of mine, who is a real engine guy, offered to help me out.

#13 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,338 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted March 26, 2011 - 08:56 PM

Great deal... Another addict! They all look savable and I believe the Simplicity is very similar to the Allis B12. Simplicity still has those manuals online I believe, should be findable.

#14 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 26, 2011 - 09:39 PM

Never been much for wading...lol Well, George since noone else is guessing you were dead on. $480 for all 5 tractors and attachments. I thought it was pretty good but I really don't know. I agree with that as well Daniel, I like the way it looks now, I think I might replace the lights and clean it up real good. But all in all they all "look" pretty good. I am a little apprehensive about trying to get all these things to run, but a good buddy of mine, who is a real engine guy, offered to help me out.

I don't know why anyone else guessed. I think you got a heck of a deal. Get that 2012 running and keep her like she is :D