• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,399 Thanks
  • 1,863 posts

Posted September 12, 2015 - 08:44 AM

well it finally came in and came in "good", but now all my work seems wasted as the watergrass has invaded and taken over..

I I am thinking of doing a burndown with Roundup on my whole yard and starting over....
My existing "grass" looks awesome until about mid July sometimes beginning of August. then the watergrass takes over and looks horrible. Somehow real grass comes back to life in spring for about 1/2 a season.  What can I spray on it to "just" kill the watergrass and extend the "life" of the "real" lawn grass?  I am so tired of this, with all the rain we had early this year itr seems worse than it has ever been, I have been in this house since 1998.

#32 Savageman OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 53929
  • 394 Thanks
  • 262 posts

Posted September 12, 2015 - 01:40 PM

Up here in the Northeast we call that grass Crabgrass.  It happens every August.  I have learned to live with it.  You can't fight Mother Nature besides in a few weeks the lawn will be covered with leaves and lots of them.  I just love this time of year. LOL

• Coventry Plumber said thank you

#33 Greasy6020 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 78477
  • 666 Thanks
  • 645 posts

Posted September 27, 2016 - 08:36 PM

We asked for "boulevard mixture..no clover" at the feed store. The green would grow anywhere and was very durable which was what we were after as we had two sighthounds tearing around the yard at warp speed.

Which feedstore?

Edited by Greasy6020, September 27, 2016 - 08:37 PM.

#34 Jazz OFFLINE  

• Member No: 62028
  • 1,354 Thanks
  • 889 posts

Posted September 28, 2016 - 04:56 AM

Which feedstore?

• Greasy6020 said thank you