cub cadet 1863

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cubman OFFLINE  

• Member No: 1815
  • 33 Thanks
  • 61 posts

Posted May 19, 2015 - 08:35 PM

I am interested in an 1863, anyone have any experience and or opinions on these tractors?
  • BNK said thank you

#2 dthomp17 ONLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2987
  • 480 Thanks
  • 409 posts

Posted May 20, 2015 - 08:36 AM

Wish I could help but don't know anything about that one.

• cubman said thank you

#3 Jlaws OFFLINE  

• Member No: 31172
  • 541 Thanks
  • 365 posts

Posted May 20, 2015 - 10:56 AM

I had a 1861 which is manual lift , I think the 1863 is hydraulic lift . My 1861 had a 18 hp Kohler Magnum , but the Tractor Data page link below says the 1863 has a 18 hp Kohler Command . I know that model run had power plant changes made during its years of production . I liked my 1861 except for the fragile plastic hood , grill and side panels , and I put a front bumper on mine for added protection . I'm not sure if the 1863 has front hydraulic ports or not .

• Alc, cubman and BNK have said thanks

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 62066
  • 983 Thanks
  • 443 posts

Posted May 21, 2015 - 05:14 AM

Power steering & hyd lift will be nice, tilt wheel is standard on all GT's or "Cyclops" to include a tighter turning radius (less supers). The CV joint style drive shaft w/grease fitting will most likely never fail! Standard sliding adjustable seat and head/tail lights. Automotive style top post battery. Very good ride...CCC used the same frame for 17 yrs. Like Jess said the composite nose/hood & panels is the down fall. I always open my hood and let the engine cool, in most cases I remove the panels too and blow off debris with air. Also Jess mentioned the bumper option. I never could find one I could afford so I made a Craftsman GT bumper to fit. Paint blowing off the tractor and the mowing deck will be a issue. Complex wire harness compared to "old skool" can over heat mainly the plug to the ignition and most likely will if you use the lights often. Check the tightness for the mounting bolts on the damper plate for the hydro...bolts to the rear end (for forward/reverse), recently I had a issue but in 30 mins back to mowing. I bought my GT used in 2008 and it is still my dedicated "go to" mower.  

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_5126.jpg

Edited by BNK, May 21, 2015 - 05:17 AM.

• Alc, cubman and Jlaws have said thanks