#1 Bud OFFLINE  

Bud

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 650
  • 341 Thanks
  • 404 posts

Posted May 19, 2015 - 07:29 PM

IMGP2307.JPG Does anyone know what GT has this style of connecting or what a Haban 403 sickle goes to? It's not the 403A for the Masseys mf10 or mf12's.

#2 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,748 Thanks
  • 8,921 posts

Posted May 19, 2015 - 08:32 PM

Mounts are turned wrong for Simplicity, AC, or JD.
  • Bud said thank you

#3 VintageIronCollector OFFLINE  

VintageIronCollector

Immersed in Tractors

• Contributor
  • Member No: 33118
  • 1,267 Thanks
  • 1,768 posts

Posted May 20, 2015 - 08:05 AM

attachicon.gifIMGP2307.JPGDoes anyone know what GT has this style of connecting or what a Haban 403 sickle goes to? It's not the 403A for the Masseys mf10 or mf12's.

Kind of looks like the one I had for my jacobsen chief tractors.

• Bud said thank you

#4 LPBolens ONLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted May 20, 2015 - 11:50 PM

You might check the Haban group on Yahoo. Erwin Haban ( a descendant of the founders/owners) is a major source of information on equipment made by that company, and has compiled a lot of information about fitments and parts lists.
  • Bud and Bolens800uk have said thanks

#5 Bud OFFLINE  

Bud

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 341 Thanks
  • 404 posts

Posted May 22, 2015 - 07:24 PM

I can't find anything for the Habon 403 so I guess I will alter it to fit my mf1200. I did find some postings of someone having one on a 600 or 800 bolens.  Looks like all i will have to do is make new mounts and cut of the old as they hit right at the steering tie rod. I don't like ruining origianal things but as is often said "thats the way it is".

#6 Bud OFFLINE  

Bud

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 341 Thanks
  • 404 posts

Posted May 24, 2015 - 02:51 PM

Does anyone have pictures of a MF10 or MF12 with a sickle mower.  I can't even find a picture except one in the broucher I have. It shows a front mounted angle gearbox to run it from the side of the engine. I am thinking the this is an early Haban 403 model and the 403A listed for the masseys is a later model that runs from underneath somehow, maybe with the mule drive.  So if anyone has any pictures and also can anyone tell me what the ground clerance is for Haban sickle mower? I have looked through the manuals but no luck.

#7 Genem OFFLINE  

Genem
  • Member No: 52933
  • 65 Thanks
  • 47 posts

Posted May 24, 2015 - 08:46 PM

I found a two sided sheet describing the Haban 403 sickle on a Massey, but I don't know how to put pictures on my phone in here. Send me your private email and I will send from my phone.
  • Bud said thank you

#8 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,466 Thanks
  • 39,701 posts

Posted May 25, 2015 - 05:59 AM

I found a two sided sheet describing the Haban 403 sickle on a Massey, but I don't know how to put pictures on my phone in here. Send me your private email and I will send from my phone.

I'll send you a PM with my address. Then I can upload that here.

• Bud and limebuzz have said thanks

#9 Bud OFFLINE  

Bud

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 341 Thanks
  • 404 posts

Posted June 04, 2015 - 05:01 PM

IMGP2314.JPG IMGP2308.JPG So the Haban 403 does go on the (early) Massey MF10's and MF12"s.  It use's an angle gear box out front. From what I can make out, it used  square u-bolts facining down to bolt a bracket on the under side of the front axle. This will not work on the later axles as they have the wheel stops on them, which are in the way of the bracket. I made a braket to go on top of the axle with u-bolts going up so I can use it on either type axle. The sickle didn't come with any mount parts so I have to make them anyway. I'll post pic's later. I took the sickle apart so I'll go ahead and wire wheel it clean and repaint. I got International red and what is called "Canvas White". It looks like a perfect match for the white parts. I will keep the same paint pattern. One big problem is a crack in the main cast housing. Not sure if there's much I can do about it.     

#10 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,748 Thanks
  • 8,921 posts

Posted June 04, 2015 - 05:16 PM

Take it to some old coot who knows how to weld cast. You're looking for this place:

the_welding_shop.jpg

Not this place:

office.jpg

• Bud said thank you

#11 Bud OFFLINE  

Bud

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 341 Thanks
  • 404 posts

Posted June 04, 2015 - 05:28 PM

Right you are!

#12 Bud OFFLINE  

Bud

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 341 Thanks
  • 404 posts

Posted July 25, 2015 - 08:10 PM

IMGP2337.JPG Got the part back from the welding shop.  The guy brazed it. Said he could weld it but even with the $80 a pound rod it wouldn't be as good as brazing. Sometimes old is better. All the brazed cast welds Ive seen have seen except one have never broke.

• limebuzz said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: haban