• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 11, 2010 - 01:07 PM

I was curious to see if anyone had a Farmall M or H. I don't have one but I would like to get an M for memories because, I only have like one or two pictures of my grandpa and me together and one of them in on his Farmall with me sitting on his lap. I will have to scan it and post it when I get a chance. It is an older picture and my wife had it scanned and blown up to a 8x10 to hang in my office and surprisingly it didn't get distorted.

#2 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted March 11, 2010 - 03:35 PM

I don't have either of those tractors, but I have put some ''seat time" on them in years past. Nice that you have a picture of you and your grandpa sitting on one. It will be great to see that photo!

#3 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 11, 2010 - 07:10 PM

Well I was wrong on it being a Farmall M, I know he had an H or an M but I didn't remember which one was in the picture and it definitely isn't either one so he had a tractor I didn't know about LOL. The scan makes it hard to tell what it is too, I am thinking maybe an 8n or something close to it, but it seems like it would be bigger judging by the tires, I am sure some of you guys know what it is right away so I am all ears.

Attached Thumbnails

• grandpa..jpg

• Bill56 said thank you

#4 broken2 OFFLINE  

broken2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 85
  • 279 Thanks
  • 425 posts

Posted March 11, 2010 - 07:41 PM

I can't tell what it is by the pic, the tires do look kinda large for a 8n. My father has a 8n, Farmall H, Oliver77, JD M and a early styled JD B. I have a late styled JD B.

Edited by broken2, March 15, 2010 - 09:39 AM.

#5 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 11, 2010 - 07:47 PM

I don't know why it stuck in my head that it was a farmall in the pic. I am wondering if my dad might know what it is. Will have to wait till he gets back from this trip to ask him.

#6 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted March 11, 2010 - 08:27 PM

Great picture. Looks like you are ready to go! Reminds me of when I used to take my son for a ride on my Oliver.
That could be a Ford in your picture. Color seems right and the angle of the steering wheel.

#7 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 13, 2010 - 09:12 PM

I had a chance to talk to my dad about it tonight and he said it is a David Brown with a front end loader and backhoe, my grandpa bought it new from the dealership in York, PA on Whiteford Rd back when. He said they were made in England. He also had a M and H from when he bought the one farm he also bought the tractors when he bought the farm.

#8 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted March 13, 2010 - 09:36 PM

That's a neat story. Never thought about it being a David brown. I think David Brown was bought buy Case in the early 70's. Any Idea what year the tractor is?

#9 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 13, 2010 - 09:39 PM

I will ask dad tomorrow. He said he remembered having to drive the tractor from the farm to the mobile home sales lot that my grandpa had which is about 15-20 mile to clear off the lot one time when it snowed real bad. I think my dad will probably know what year it was.

#10 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 15, 2010 - 06:15 AM

I asked dad about the year on the tractor and he said it was either a 68 or 69. Grandpa bought it in 70.