• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mrmr56 OFFLINE  

mrmr56
  • Member No: 62092
  • 202 Thanks
  • 122 posts

Posted May 18, 2015 - 05:22 PM

I have a Z482 2 cylinder Kubota diesel engine out of a Carrier APU. When I first got it, I was able to get it to start but only after removing and reinstalling the fuel solenoid. After I got it in the GT, I could never get the injectors to bleed to where it would start. There was very little fuel being delivered to the injectors. I removed the solenoid several times and checked the operation of it. The pull in coil would pull in and the hold in coil would keep it pulled in. I had about 3/8 inch stroke on the solenoid and the spring load in the injection pump was about 1/4". After a couple of days of messing with it, I removed the solenoid and made a block off plate. About 3 turns on the starter and it busted off. Has anyone run into this problem and if so, did you find a cure for it. I have ran the engine for about 30 minutes or so. I might run it a bit more and reinstall the solenoid and see what happens. I hate to lose my automatic shutoff with the key if I don't have to. Thanks. Charles

#2 mrmr56 OFFLINE  

mrmr56
  • Member No: 62092
  • 202 Thanks
  • 122 posts

Posted September 20, 2015 - 01:31 PM

Well, it is time to eat some HUMBLE pie. After a lot of thinking about this, I finally got the brain in to gear and cured the problem. When turning the key to the start position, the b+ feed to the hold coil would momentarily lose contact and the coil would drop out. The light for the oil pressure and alternator would never show a break in the circuit because it was very momentary. A new ignition switch and all is back to normal. I just thought I would post the cure in case anybody else happens to run into a similar problem. Thanks for all the views.

• Cvans said thank you

#3 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,522 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted September 20, 2015 - 02:19 PM

I guess that's proof that we should never give up on trying to solve a problem. Congratulations on figuring it out.