Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 6,918 Thanks
  • 7,474 posts

Posted January 02, 2017 - 06:42 AM

Doug I can't tell if its just the camera but is the pulley dia. bigger on on side ? Maybe to keep it from going towards the engine ? Never had one but there are many engines and tractors at our local show that use them in their displays .

Edited by Alc, January 02, 2017 - 06:44 AM.

#62 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 6,932 Thanks
  • 4,998 posts

Posted January 02, 2017 - 10:06 AM

If you look at the first pic, there is a hub on the right that's approx. 7/8 wide. That section is a smaller diameter than the rest. That is the hub that mounts up on the hub of the flywheel and is held on with the set screw that you can see just above the tape. It actually sets back inside the rim of the flywheel. If you watch the video Jamie posted, you can see it around the one minute mark. That leaves the actual pulley about 3 1/2 in wide. If you look at it close it is a little bigger diameter in the center than the ends. That's called the crown of the pulley and was to help keep the belt aligned and running on the pulley instead of walking off. Most pulleys mount directly to the crank but there isn't enough crank sticking out on the Beeman so they mounted it to the flywheel. The only thing that holds it is the set screw so I'm not sure how much it would pull. Some of the hit and miss engines had the pulley bolted to the flywheel.

• Alc and Nato77 have said thanks

#63 Nato77 OFFLINE  

Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9422
  • 1,683 Thanks
  • 1,353 posts

Posted January 04, 2017 - 06:33 PM

Thanks Doug! That gives me a starting point. Unless you'll sell that one. Lol