6 replies to this topic

#1 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,157 Thanks
  • 4,503 posts

Posted May 17, 2015 - 12:34 PM

Batting 100% in the last three tractors I acquired.  Seem like the majority of people any more will buy a GT or Lawn mower and let them sit outside 24/7 and do nothing to try to protect them.  Kind of burns be that some people will spend good money on a good tractor just to let it go to pot by not taking care of it.   What's worse is they post photos of 3 or 4 tractors buried in the snow and think it's cool.  I probably stepped on some toes here but this is my opinion and I will stick to it.  If you can't afford to cover and protect it, don't buy it.

• Bolens 1000, wilberj, lyall and 4 others have said thanks

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted May 17, 2015 - 03:06 PM

Yes, I know what you mean. I know where there are 2 nice GTs sitting outside. One has been for sale and didn't sell. The other one is just sitting. When I get a chance I'll be knocking on their door! 

• chieffan said thank you

#3 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,157 Thanks
  • 4,503 posts

Posted May 17, 2015 - 04:09 PM

I guess that is no TALL bad as we can usually get them down the line price wise.  One of the 3 I have freed up about 80%.  Not sure this one or the first one are going to be successful.  Would like to use the show thrower on the G12, changed to a 14 hp Tech.  It has wheel weights and I have a good pair of JD rims with AG tires mounted.  Should make a good set up.

#4 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,692 Thanks
  • 17,206 posts

Posted May 17, 2015 - 05:09 PM

I have to agree, always shake my head and wonder about all the electrical getting wet all the time ........

• chieffan and Paulgo have said thanks

#5 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,157 Thanks
  • 4,503 posts

Posted May 17, 2015 - 06:54 PM

Your right Brian. They are usually the first to go.  Ignition switch, light switch, relays, starters, etc, etc.  I lucked out on the starter on this one.  PO said it was bad.  Would not turn the tractor over.  Good cleaning and lube job took care of that real quick.  But then I run into the seized PTO again.  Plastic tarps are not that expensive. !

• Bolens 1000 and Paulgo have said thanks

#6 gardentractornut OFFLINE  

gardentractornut
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 67198
  • 324 Thanks
  • 322 posts

Posted May 18, 2015 - 07:54 AM

I totally agree with what you're saying here. Everything I own is inside when I'm not using it. 

#7 sodisr OFFLINE  

sodisr
  • Member No: 9153
  • 651 Thanks
  • 762 posts

Posted May 18, 2015 - 09:09 AM

Agree with everyone here...   As of now I can only tarp up  one of my GTs,,cause of no shed..    But an aquaintence not to far from me has 2 lg frames and a tube frame  down in the low lying area of his yard..  When I talked to him about selling,, he say's  YA come on over..  It took quite awhile to uncover the leaves and mud buildup ,,mice and other critters were scurrying every where..  So I say  How much for the one LG....   He says $600.00    .... Are you kidding me,,  I'm not sure I would have paid $100.00  and it would have taken all day to get that rusty frozen stuff out to the trailer..   Needless to say I passed and couldn't bear to see any more going to rust...