Nice lookin setup there. Congrats.
What confuses me is the 26x12x12's.
There looks to be about 3 inches clearance to the fender. Has the fender/seat been jacked up at all?
I know, as Daniel said, there are differences in the tire sizes, but thats alot of air there.
I think it is just the way the tires are. I don't think they are Carlisle True Powers but another brand. I think they said Dico on them but it did say made in usa, so I am not sure. I know one thing, this one will run circles around my other one with the Eaton hydro speed wise. I think I have some drive line work to do on it though. There is a high pitch screeching sound, almost sounds like it could pass for air in the system but it isn't that. I think it is a bearing up by the belts to the driveshaft. The belts are angled too which I know isn't good so I will have to check in to that.
I did take a short video and once I get cleaned up I will get it uploaded and posted. I fixed about 4 things on it already just going about using it and noticing different things that are not right. I got the surging taken care of. I pulled the whole air filter assembly off and was going to take the carb off and decided to reset the idle needle and try it without the air filter on. Whadayaknow, it ran just like it should with no surging. Took a closer look at the air filter and I don't think it has been replaced in years. So I borrowed the one out of the other 1655 since it is torn apart in the garage. Got everything back together with that.
We had it down at the garden because we were picking rocks out of the garden and throwing them in the bucket and the lawn cart. I went to drive up the driveway to go dump the stones and it started loosing rpms, I thought it was running out of gas so I shut it down. Went and got the gas can and filled it up. Still no go, I thought the throttle lever seemed different so I went and drove down the hill to dump the stones and wanted to take it up to the garage to check it out. Well I didn't realize the ground was quite as soft as it was and the left front tire sunk to the middle of the rim. We used the Cub Cadet 147 and two 20' chains so it was up on top of the hill to pull it out. I am going to miss the Cub LOL
Anyway got it back up to the garage, here they must have replaced the throttle cable at one time and it wasn't clamped right at either end. I got it clamped at the throttle lever like it should be and then at the motor that clamp was bent to where it wouldn't actually clamp down. So I removed that clamp and straightened it out and put it all back together, now I have full throttle again. There are a couple leaks somewhere on the loader control valves but I will get to that as I have time. I plan on restoring this one mechanically first and then I will restore it paint wise. I want to rebuild the Onan 18hp B48 I have from the Case 448 and put that in this 1655.