9 replies to this topic

#1 rustyoldjunk OFFLINE  

rustyoldjunk

Has anybody seen my coffee ?

• Member No: 325
  • 2,367 Thanks
  • 1,212 posts

Posted May 15, 2015 - 11:33 PM

Some of you remember the 220 that I picked up recently. If not the thread by the same name as this one (without "part II) is just a few threads down the page. Anyway,the engine that I pulled out turned out to be a K301 so it had already been upgraded to a 12 hp. I picked up a K321 14hp and hope to have it all buttoned up and running soon. I also need to pick up a steering wheel and do some tire tubing and tire swapping. I mainly picked up this 220 because it has hydraulic lift and I have a sleeve hitch that I plan to adapt to this tractor. I would like to use it to mow with too but the deck that came with it looks like a screen door and the spindles are frozen so I will probably need to find another deck. Here is a little progress that I have made on the tractor since yanking the bad engine out.

Attached Thumbnails

• case 220 5 16 2015.jpg
  • case 220 5 16 2015.jpg 3.jpg
  • case 220 5 16 2015.jpg 5.jpg
  • case 220 5 16 2015.jpg 8.jpg
  • case 220 5 16 2015.jpg 9.jpg
  • case 220 5 16 2015.jpg 10.jpg
  • case 220 5 16 2015.jpg 11.jpg

• Gtractor, Alc, wvbuzzmaster and 4 others have said thanks

#2 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 16, 2015 - 12:03 AM

You should put a stack on it :D

Replace upper steering bushing while you are in there and I hope you did motor mounts too.

Edited by wvbuzzmaster, May 16, 2015 - 12:04 AM.

• rustyoldjunk said thank you

#3 rustyoldjunk OFFLINE  

rustyoldjunk

• 2,367 Thanks
  • 1,212 posts

Posted May 16, 2015 - 12:11 AM

I didn't do the mounts yet but they wont be too bad later if they need changed but they seem pretty good...Funny you show say that about the stack ( where was I just reading a stack or not thread ?  :D ) Case is one of the worst to figure out exhaust on,on the single cylinder tractors,if you don't have factory exhaust. I haven't figured out how I can do the exhaust yet and make it fairly "right". It would be easy to bring it out right in front of the driver but I like the exhaust to the front of the tractor and pointing away if possible. I will work more on that when I get to it. (Think I should just stack it Casey ?  :smilewink: )

• wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#4 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 16, 2015 - 12:26 AM

I've had two Koher Case and both had muffler mods. One was done better than the other. The 444 they had the factory exhaust pipe going to stock location, but then grafted a straight through muffler to it and notched the hood out for the outlet. The 222 had that cub cadet muffler hanging on it with plumbing pipe. They ran street 45, short nipple into a 45, then a 4" nipple to the cub cadet muffler pointing toward front right tire. First time I mowed with it I knew it was a bad set up. I was wearing steel toe boots and about 10 minutes in my right toes were sweating in a steel toe oven!!! Lol. I ended up changing it back to OEM exhaust. I can dig out pics of these if you want. I think you can stack it though.

Edited by wvbuzzmaster, May 16, 2015 - 12:29 AM.

• rustyoldjunk said thank you

#5 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • Member No: 13665
  • 557 Thanks
  • 539 posts

Posted May 16, 2015 - 08:20 AM

Atleast the singles are easier to redo the exhaust on that the Onan twins.  Hardest part is getting away from the operator since the exhaust points backwards from the engine block.  I plan to pick up one of the repro mufflers and keep my 220 stock.  I have done the whole stack thing, from rattly weather caps to the burn hazzard, I have grown weary of them.  They also put undo stress on the cast iron motor block unless you mount some kind of brace to support the weight.  This is espicaly true on tractors with iso mounted engines as they tend to shake more on thier mounts than a ridged frame mounted engine.  You should see the Lombardini twin diesel in my 920 Allis shake when it shuts down. I tried to stack it and it kept breaking welds and shaking itself loose.    Mike

• rustyoldjunk, Alc and MNGB have said thanks

#6 rustyoldjunk OFFLINE  

rustyoldjunk

• 2,367 Thanks
  • 1,212 posts

Posted May 16, 2015 - 09:49 AM

So then,I should stack it,mtoney ?  :D  :smilewink:

• wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#7 jabelman OFFLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 1,133 posts

Posted May 16, 2015 - 04:59 PM

I picked up a wheelhorse that had a stack. First thing I did was cut that stupid thing off and threw it out. Glad I did at the bend all sorts of crap accumulated over time that it sat.
  • wvbuzzmaster, HANKG and MNGB have said thanks

#8 rustyoldjunk OFFLINE  

rustyoldjunk

• 2,367 Thanks
  • 1,212 posts

Posted May 16, 2015 - 11:21 PM

So should I stack it then,you think,jabelman ?  :poke:

#9 jabelman OFFLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 1,133 posts

Posted May 17, 2015 - 07:22 AM

I vote no. They look cool on big tractors but not on garden tractors but that's me. Next thing you will be putting chrome wheels on it

#10 rustyoldjunk OFFLINE  

rustyoldjunk

• 2,367 Thanks
  • 1,212 posts

Posted May 20, 2015 - 09:09 AM

I do have chrome hub caps for front and rear and a set of trim rings that will fit the rear.