5 replies to this topic

#1 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,134 Thanks
  • 4,486 posts

Posted May 15, 2015 - 05:00 PM

What is the proper way to line the reverse drive disc up with the engine pulley.  I put anew disc on but it lines up to far out and the drive pulley only touches the outside  side of the reverse disc.  Can the motor pulley be slid out on the engine shaft to line these two up or is ther a better way?

#2 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,670 Thanks
  • 17,197 posts

Posted May 15, 2015 - 05:28 PM

I usually loosed the pulley so it slides freely on the engine shaft them pull the reverse disc so it comes in contact with the pulley and the disc will pull the pulley in line.

• chieffan said thank you

#3 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,134 Thanks
  • 4,486 posts

Posted May 15, 2015 - 07:36 PM

Thanks Brian.  After looking it over I thought that would be the only way it would work.  May put the other belts slightly out of alignment but that won't bother much.

#4 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,134 Thanks
  • 4,486 posts

Posted May 16, 2015 - 06:05 PM

Well, that idea didn't work at all.  That drive pulley would no budge come H or high water.  I probably hasn't been moved since it was built 55years ago and darn sure was not about to budge today.  Going after it another route tomorrow.  Going to move the whole motor over the 3/16" I need to line up that reverse disk.  Tractor sure runs nice but need that reverse working like it was intended.

#5 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,670 Thanks
  • 17,197 posts

Posted May 16, 2015 - 07:20 PM

Well, that idea didn't work at all.  That drive pulley would no budge come H or high water.  I probably hasn't been moved since it was built 55years ago and darn sure was not about to budge today.  Going after it another route tomorrow.  Going to move the whole motor over the 3/16" I need to line up that reverse disk.  Tractor sure runs nice but need that reverse working like it was intended.

Take the set screws out then for a few days keep spraying some Kroil penetrating oil down the holes, the pulley comes right off after days of letting it seep into the shaft.

• chieffan said thank you

#6 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • 6,134 Thanks
  • 4,486 posts

Posted May 17, 2015 - 02:14 AM

May have to try that.  I had the set screws out and soaked the thing for for a few hours.  Didn't want to wait a week to get it going though.  To darn wet here to do anything else but wait I guess.  Been raining here all night again.