#31 29 Chev OFFLINE  

29 Chev
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 63590
  • 3,136 Thanks
  • 1,205 posts

Posted June 04, 2015 - 07:16 PM

Eventually if things go well - everything I clean up now slows  the rust down and will make it easier when I get around to tearing it apart.  I was careful when I snuck the hubs back on - I kept the shop lights off and just used a LEd work light after I put a cover over the rest of the tractor - I don't think it noticed the new paint.

Cut some grass with it for about an hour tonight and it worked pretty good - have a steep 10 ft incline at the end of the lane way that I climbed with it - the hydro groaned a little bit about half way up but other than that it rolled right along.  Found out the hour meter does not work all the time as the hours did not change from when I started it until I shut it off - one of many little things that I will fix as I get time and funds.

I can see why people fall in love with these tractors - built tough and solid, lots of power and a pleasure to drive.  I still like the tube frame for being able to get into tight areas but the Large Frames are a class all their own!

• LPBolens said thank you

#32 Austen OFFLINE  

Austen
  • Member No: 33768
  • 855 Thanks
  • 567 posts

Posted June 04, 2015 - 08:51 PM

I can see why people fall in love with these tractors - built tough and solid, lots of power and a pleasure to drive.  I still like the tube frame for being able to get into tight areas but the Large Frames are a class all their own!

Good post!

• 29 Chev said thank you