Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,065 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted May 18, 2015 - 03:43 PM

Correct, not the XL.  Very different machines.  I've had 4 of the Legacy and 1 XL.  I like the older ones, but it would be awful tough to go back.  Makes a huge difference in value and attachment scarcity.  

Edited by Talntedmrgreen, May 18, 2015 - 03:43 PM.

#17 Tim Bergfeld OFFLINE  

Tim Bergfeld
  • Member No: 60783
  • 218 Thanks
  • 449 posts

Posted May 18, 2015 - 10:47 PM

The xl looks more robust of a tractor anyone of you guys have the tiller for the xl
  • Cat385B said thank you

#18 case442 ONLINE  

case442

• Member No: 2504
  • 662 Thanks
  • 404 posts

Posted May 18, 2015 - 11:10 PM

I can only speak from my experience of having owned each model of the Legacy tractors. I use mine for general yard work, hauling firewood, and garden plowing. I must say, I really like my XL. with having the diesel engine and all options it is one very capable machine. The 4wd works flawlessly when needed and the diesel torque is an added benefit. Now I do like the Hi/Low range option on the older Legacy but not enough to part with the XL. both of mine have the 60" decks. They really fit my needs perfectly.

Take care,

Mike

#19 Tim Bergfeld OFFLINE  

Tim Bergfeld
  • 218 Thanks
  • 449 posts

Posted May 18, 2015 - 11:32 PM

Thanks I am looking for the xl and feeling around till I get all my funds together. I have decided to go diesel engine and 4x4 which from what I understand means it will have the rear pto and three point. I want the snow blower and a tiller lots of driveways here that have big hills and I think I can recoup some cash in the winters to come. I also want to put out a big garden. I have my eye on a loader a guy has he wants 1400 for. I can't think of any other implements I need maybe a post hole digger but I don't know what it will pull. I saw the one on YouTube looked like a 6 inch auger to me. I am sold on the tractor and that's saying alot not even sitting on it yet but from what everyone has said only two thing came out against it lift capacity is light at 500 lbs and price point is about what a kubota is but I am a buy American kinda guy anyway so I am sold. The 500 lbs is plenty enough weight for me.

Edited by Tim Bergfeld, May 18, 2015 - 11:34 PM.

#20 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,065 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted May 19, 2015 - 05:09 AM

The XL will lift more than 500....biggest measured load I have lifted was 630 and there is more left. The pump can also be shimmed for a responsible operator to gain more capacity.

Make sure that loader you found is for an XL and not an early Legacy. They are not compatible.

I use a variety of attachments with mine...all with excellent results. The XL is easier to install/remove front attachments. I do have the Simplicity 50"/540rpm tiller. At half throttle it makes flour of soil and you cannot feel it run. I also more regularly use a 48" flail mower and used to run a 48" rotary cutter. 3pt and 540pto work great. Any 540rpm attachments that your 3pt arms will fit, work fine with these. I wouldnt spend much time looking for any Simplicity branded rear attachments. Mine fell in my lap otherwise I would probably be using a Woods or similar.

The trouble you will have with an auger is that the XL doesnt have the lifting height needed for standard depth augers....and since its not hydraulic, it cannot be reversed if you pinch it in the hole.
  • Alc and Cvans have said thanks

#21 Tim Bergfeld OFFLINE  

Tim Bergfeld
  • 218 Thanks
  • 449 posts

Posted May 19, 2015 - 10:41 PM

Yeah my buddy has the one that everything attachments makes and loves it for his sub compact.theloop is longer and it has several top link places to give height and pressure.

#22 Tim Bergfeld OFFLINE  

Tim Bergfeld
  • 218 Thanks
  • 449 posts

Posted May 19, 2015 - 10:45 PM

The tiller that tsc has is a 48 inch gear drive with 6 tines instead of 4 I heard it is a little beast in a couple other forums. One guy says he has a 5 ft bush hog behind his legacy diesel but I don't know if that is true seems pretty big.