Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
Sold

NEW Gannon Earthcavator 42" Cat0/Cat1 Rollover Boxblade w/Scarifiers (SW MI)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted May 12, 2015 - 09:44 AM

This is a new, reproduction unit, built to match specifications of a Gannon/Woods Earthcavator FD-42. This unit is setup for use with a Cat0 or Cat1 3 point hitch. The pictures shown are of the implement hitched to a Limited Cat1 3pt hitch on a Simplicity Legacy XL.

$800

Scarifiers are new, unused factory cast H&L shanks, with H&L 00 crimp on teeth (tack-welded). These are commonly found components that are available from H&L distributors (about $8/shank).

Cutting edges are new, and unused.

Unit is compatible with garden tractors equipped with a 3 point hitch (John Deere 300 & 400 series, Simplicity Sunstar/Legacy, Cub, Ingersoll/Case, etc). This is also perfectly suited for subcompact tractors.

Unit weighs aprox 200lbs, and it is packed on a pallet ready for freight shipment at no charge, and I can typically ship within 2 days of payment (check, money order, paypal). Inexpensive freight arrangements can easily be made through Fastenal, and there is likely a store near you. This has been primed, and I may be willing to paint it factory matching yellow, and also have a few decals for it. Please inquire if this interests you.

$800

I may consider trades for Simplicity, Allis Chalmers, Wards or Homelite garden tractors and implements. I may also consider EFI Live for LBZ Duramax, and a CTS monitor.

Please email with any questions, or to come take a look. Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails

• 20150430_192440.jpg
  • 20150430_120501.jpg
  • 20150430_072730.jpg

Edited by Talntedmrgreen, May 20, 2015 - 09:40 PM.

• DH1, limebuzz, boyscout862 and 2 others have said thanks

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,399 Thanks
  • 39,659 posts

Posted May 12, 2015 - 10:23 AM

One of those is on my wish list! But it would need to be wider, probably 46". Come on lottery!

• Talntedmrgreen and boyscout862 have said thanks

#3 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,761 Thanks
  • 7,528 posts

Posted May 12, 2015 - 10:25 AM

I have an original for my Big Ten. It worked great this spring to smooth out my rutted driveway. It is great that you are making these for people that can't find originals. Three suggestions: 1. Refer to the pamphlet in our Manuals Section so that people can understand how it works. 2. Refer to a Youtube video. 3. Paint it. A nicely painted object sells faster and for a higher price than a primed product. There alot of people that don't paint. Good Luck, Rick

Here is a brouchure http://gardentractor...tor-for-bolens/

This seems to show its functions. https://www.youtube....h?v=1qByeSj56_A

Edited by boyscout862, May 12, 2015 - 11:54 AM.

• Talntedmrgreen said thank you

#4 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted May 12, 2015 - 12:09 PM

I had a youtube clip, l but seem to have dropped the link...I always liked this one:

I may very well paint it, and don't mind doing so, but it'll be about 3 weeks before I will have any time to try.  JD New Construction Yellow is my color of choice, but a 50/50 blend of Rustoleum Sunburst Yellow and Old Cat yellow is about the same.  I've seen folks that prefer other paint colors on these though, and it's in the way right now.  Since it has fresh primer, I am trying to keep it up off the floor, but will need to hitch up the flail mower soon instead.

I cannot take credit for the build....if I could make art like this, it would become my full time job.  It's top-notch...cleaner welds than my oem 36".

• boyscout862 said thank you

#5 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted May 20, 2015 - 09:40 PM

Sold, thank you.

#6 accidentalchild OFFLINE