• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 limebuzz ONLINE  

limebuzz

• Member No: 795
  • 862 Thanks
  • 878 posts

Posted May 12, 2015 - 06:26 AM

My brother has a Yard pro tractor that is pretty well worn out.it has a 16 hp Kohler command engine in it that runs amazing. We were wondering if the engine can be laid down to run horizontally? It runs vertically in the Yard pro. It has the mounting feet already. Just wondering what all needs changed? Ie. Oil pump. Ect Ect. 

• StephenHivy said thank you

#2 cpg OFFLINE  

cpg
  • Member No: 57994
  • 244 Thanks
  • 147 posts

Posted May 12, 2015 - 09:19 AM

I have seen it done with little push mower engines where you just re-orient the carburetor and make a different oil slinger for the rod so it throws oil running the other way. My assumption is that the Command might be more difficult with the pressurized oil system and filter. You would have to get your carb spun upright again and figure out some sort of oil pickup and hope the oil pump isn't just open and can run sideways. Never been inside mine so not completely sure how it is set up; might be possible but will take some engineering.

#3 limebuzz ONLINE  

limebuzz

• Member No: 795
  • 862 Thanks
  • 878 posts

Posted May 12, 2015 - 09:36 AM

I have seen it done with little push mower engines where you just re-orient the carburetor and make a different oil slinger for the rod so it throws oil running the other way. My assumption is that the Command might be more difficult with the pressurized oil system and filter. You would have to get your carb spun upright again and figure out some sort of oil pickup and hope the oil pump isn't just open and can run sideways. Never been inside mine so not completely sure how it is set up; might be possible but will take some engineering.

Thanks cpg. Will have to take a look inside.