Vote for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

need engine compatibility help please! asap :)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sharkapolooza OFFLINE  

• Member No: 70560
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted May 10, 2015 - 10:51 PM

Hello! In need of some quick knowledge if possible. Kinda in a rush (a lady will only hold mower tractor for a day for me). My old wheelhorse has different issues so I have been without a mower. Saw a cheap tractor posted, but motor is shot and hoping mine will work 4 it. Mine is a c-195 19/2kohler. The 1 I'm hoping to put mine in is a c-85 8hp Kohler 304cc. Any Info on if I can put my c-195 motor in the c-85 would be awesome! ! Thanks! ?

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,457 Thanks
  • 6,346 posts

Posted May 11, 2015 - 06:36 AM

The 195 is a much bigger and better tractor, thinking it is Hydro?? Not sure if hood room on the smaller 81. Seems like maybe the frame rails are diff lengths.  What's wrong with big one?  I would think you could fix it and be more happy with it. OR, just keep the 8hp in the little one and use it as is.  The 81 will still mow, just a little smaller deck. Keep in mind the twins are put in sideways also and will have extra cylinder to clear the dash and support and maybe even the grill. I'm thinking the hood is longer on the bigger one, by having mounts added to the Quick-tach in front and hinging out farther. Would not be my choice, would fix one or both of them and leave them original set-ups.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#3 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,118 Thanks
  • 5,668 posts

Posted May 11, 2015 - 07:43 AM

:welcometogttalk: What Grumpy said.

#4 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8923
  • 9,454 Thanks
  • 7,345 posts