wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 10, 2015 - 09:53 PM

I have an Apple IPhone 4 running IOS 5.0.1, and my IPad 3 is running 5.1.1.
I have never updated either ones operating systems. But have been dealing with the message "Requires IOS 7 or better" message for about a year now. Well now, today, I am officially screwed.... YouTube app no longer works either, among all other game apps that have gone by the wayside over the last year. So what the heck are you all doing? Am I really this far behind!? LOL
  • WNYTractorTinkerer, toppop52 and StephenHivy have said thanks

#2 Jazz OFFLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 1,438 Thanks
  • 949 posts

Posted May 11, 2015 - 05:28 AM

Why not just update if the equipment is still working good. My mac runs osx 10.9,,,not sure about my iPhone 5S.,,its way across the room at the moment,,Im on the sticky buns and coffee side of room. I am technically challenged. Wifes a banker so I just give a blank stare as I pass her my mac " its broked"  Minutes later I get it back all ticketyboo.

I would guess the I phone 4 is due for retirement but prove me wrong,,

LAST TIME I WAS IN WEST VIRGINIA I REPAIRED THE YOUNG LADIES COMMUNICATIONS DEVICE.  YEST THE STRING HAD FALLEN OUT OF ONE OF THE SOUP CANS.. ALL GOOD AND SHE WAS TICKLED PINK

Attached Thumbnails

• 6698952397_2dca92a808.jpeg

Edited by Jazz, May 11, 2015 - 05:41 AM.

#3 toppop52 OFFLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,463 Thanks
  • 3,364 posts

Posted May 11, 2015 - 06:24 AM

You're at your max on both units, I recently went to an iPad Air because the old original was so far behind that it crashed repeatedly and half the aps were useless. I have 5S phone so I'm still good there. Technology is advancing so fast that any device you get is basically obsolete when you buy it.

#4 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,652 Thanks
  • 6,469 posts

Posted May 11, 2015 - 06:40 AM

Don't buy the ones on big sale if older models, just a way to dump them. Many times used to have to buy to use, now come Free with contracts, cause they are going out and they need to move them out of inventory.  Heck isn't the Iphone now into 6 series?  Your two models down, heh!

#5 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 11, 2015 - 07:27 AM

I can get both up to IOS 7 if i want but im stubborn. Strange aint i lol

#6 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,700 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted May 11, 2015 - 09:23 AM

I don't use apple so I'm not well versed in their updating but I believe Toppop52 that on the mobile devices they can only be updated (OS) to a certain point then you have to get a new phone.  I'll ask my granddaughter to be sure, she love Apple devices.

Update: I talked with my Granddaughter and she said the OS on the Iphone 4 can only be updated to a certain version # after that you have to update your phone.  She also said the Iphone 5 can be updated to the latest OS, but she just updated and is having issues.  Hope this helps Casey.

#7 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,240 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted May 11, 2015 - 10:58 AM

MIL has a 5, updated and it is unstable and crashes.

That is why I dislike apple products.  I have a 4 year old android table that still works perfect minus the battery life is down to about 5 or 6 hours.

Edited by toomanytoys84, May 11, 2015 - 11:04 AM.

#8 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 14, 2015 - 01:28 AM

Well, I bit the bullet on the iPhone 4 and updated it to IOS 7.

Then I screwed up and updated to the latest Tapatalk.... And not happy... It made me have an account, set up interests, and when it wanted me to select random forums based on my interests I deleted it.... Off my iPhone. Only use it to upload pics off either the iPhone or iPad, but really use it most on the iPhone. iPad I just use safari. I think I can sum this up it a couple words as to why I am struggling...

YouTube quit having a working app.... So it is YouTube's fault I will not be able to post pics from my iPhone. I have yet to update the IPad........ But it is next.... Just don't know how to get the earlier version of Tapatalk that doesn't make you log in. I made an account with the IPad thinking that would make life easy but no....

Edited by wvbuzzmaster, May 14, 2015 - 01:47 AM.

#9 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 14, 2015 - 01:40 AM

Ok, reinstalled tapatalk and got it functioning but it is totally different and I do not like that... But I can probably get pictures on it... Still working on figuring the pm system on the new tapatalk. Anyone have an easier app to use..... My poor iPhone 4 is totally different... I miss IOS 5......

Edited by wvbuzzmaster, May 14, 2015 - 01:46 AM.

• toppop52 said thank you

#10 toppop52 OFFLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,463 Thanks
  • 3,364 posts

Posted May 14, 2015 - 06:34 AM

7 is as high as the 4 will go, but that is stretching the limits of the machine and it won't always be happy. Current IOS is 8.3 so you still will miss a lot.

• wvbuzzmaster said thank you