• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 bolens4life OFFLINE  

bolens4life
  • Member No: 67375
  • 73 Thanks
  • 50 posts

Posted May 10, 2015 - 08:24 PM

Are we allowed to post classifieds here? If not can you recommend an appropriate site.

Giving you guys a heads up. I'm liquidating everything I have

Thanks
  • blackjackjakexxix said thank you

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,754 Thanks
  • 7,525 posts

Posted May 10, 2015 - 08:26 PM

There is a section for selling. Its way down in the Forums list. Good Luck, Rick

#3 bolens4life OFFLINE  

bolens4life
  • 73 Thanks
  • 50 posts

Posted May 10, 2015 - 08:28 PM

Thanks
  • blackjackjakexxix said thank you

#4 Little Irish Men OFFLINE  

Little Irish Men
  • Member No: 61934
  • 661 Thanks
  • 385 posts

Posted May 10, 2015 - 08:54 PM

O . K  just what are you liquidating if " I " or we can ask? And thank you for the heads up ! ! ! ! 

#5 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,481 Thanks
  • 4,633 posts

Posted May 10, 2015 - 08:57 PM

Are we allowed to post classifieds here? If not can you recommend an appropriate site.

Giving you guys a heads up. I'm liquidating everything I have

Thanks

You can post for sale items here:

http://gardentractor...e-trade-wanted/

#6 bolens4life OFFLINE  

bolens4life
  • 73 Thanks
  • 50 posts

Posted May 10, 2015 - 09:13 PM

My 23 and my 1886, 2 tillers, 2 hydraulic blades a single stage thrower and cutting deck

The reality it is it breaks my heart to do this but my younger brother passed away unexpectedly on 5/1 and my priorities have drastically changed. Not for the money or anything but I just don't really have the drive to continue this hobby I love so much.

You guys have always been very helpful to me and so I thought it only right before posting on Craigslist or eBay that you all have the first go at it.

More to come with pics etc.

Mike
  • blackjackjakexxix, trowel, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#7 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted May 10, 2015 - 09:33 PM

Mike, sorry to hear about your brother. 

I'm sure your brain is spinning like a runaway engine right now, and I don't blame it at all.  My rule of thumb in a time like this is to give it some time and don't make any big decisions fast.  I know I might be speaking out of turn since I don't know your situation, but it was good advice when I have had to deal with a family member's passing. 

We'll be praying for you.

Ben W.

• Bolens 1000, Texas Deere and Horse, blackjackjakexxix and 3 others have said thanks

#8 JBRamsey ONLINE  

JBRamsey
  • Member No: 61995
  • 971 Thanks
  • 586 posts

Posted May 10, 2015 - 10:01 PM

Sorry for your loss. I agree with Ben. If you can afford it--wait. Remember tomorrow will be another day.
  • blackjackjakexxix and WrenchinOnIt have said thanks

#9 WrenchinOnIt OFFLINE  

WrenchinOnIt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8592
  • 2,514 Thanks
  • 732 posts

Posted May 10, 2015 - 10:22 PM

Hello

Very sorry for your loss,an unexpected loss of a loved one breaks our hearts and leaves us wondering most certainly why and often with many 'what ifs. No words work here , none..

I will share with you a story about a guy, his family ,and a hobby.

Twenty five years ago I was fixed up on a date by my older sister with her husband's cousin. Told she was close to my age (28 at the time) imagine choking on ones pizza as we conversed and her age came out (20) I was flabbergasted and my immediate thoughts were if her father finds out I'm surely done for ! Now what is interesting her cousin was ( I say was , read on) my brother in law. Fast forward ahead , continued dating , fell in love got married, yes with her parents blessing. My father in law was a wonderful man , loving father of two girls, caring husband and master carpenter. Because we eloped and he missed out on giving his oldest daughter away and has he felt obliged to do pay for a wedding, he and his wife gave us fifteen acres of prime real estate, took six months off work and built our house. I often said he had more money in our house than his own !

We lost Jack ten years ago to lung cancer , diagnosed and three weeks later gone...
A void till this day remains. He was my dad too , my buddy, my friend and yes my Bolens mentor. We restored ( in process, almost completed) an H16 which he bought new in 1973 and were well into an 1886 when he got sick and passed. They sat for almost three years as my heart, mind , and maybe as an unseen solace my work took me away from home weeks at a time.

Six years ago our daughter came into our lives late for me (47) and my wife found out we were expecting on her (39th) birthday. What joy she has brought to our lives, her grandpa Jack and her would of become famous friends no doubt.. 'what if'

One more fast forward ,seven months ago my brother in law ( my wife's cousin) my family for 32 of his 54 years died suddenly of a massive heart at work , bridge building ,remote location .. 'what if'.Yes my wife's cousin ,my brother in law , father of my oldest niece and nephew, my little ones uncle and cousin gone in a blink of an eye.
If you look back thru my posts you'll see on titled 'spring clean up , with some good help' some pictures of my daughter and a Bolens 600, has you read down thru the replies you see another pic this one of my wife's grandfather, the little guy on the back was her cousin, my brother in law.

My thoughts as you go through this difficult time are don't do anything rash, don't make any snap decisions, grieve, remember, and come to terms with it, maybe solace can in time be found with a hobby , the enjoyment it brings , and a couple Bolens tractors. God bless, best wishes.

Regards Kevin
  • Bolens 1000, wilberj, LPBolens and 8 others have said thanks

#10 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted May 10, 2015 - 11:01 PM

Mike, sorry to hear about your brother. 

I'm sure your brain is spinning like a runaway engine right now, and I don't blame it at all.  My rule of thumb in a time like this is to give it some time and don't make any big decisions fast.  I know I might be speaking out of turn since I don't know your situation, but it was good advice when I have had to deal with a family member's passing. 

We'll be praying for you.

Ben W.

I agree with Ben, Please take the time to think it over before selling out.

• blackjackjakexxix, WrenchinOnIt and boyscout862 have said thanks

#11 Deerlope ONLINE  

Deerlope

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 98
  • 390 Thanks
  • 315 posts

Posted May 11, 2015 - 05:29 AM

It is always sad to loose someone you love and I am sorry for your loss but to lose your life long hobby would be sad also. If you can give yourself a year then think on it again,

• blackjackjakexxix, WrenchinOnIt and boyscout862 have said thanks

#12 gardentractornut OFFLINE  

gardentractornut
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 67198
  • 324 Thanks
  • 322 posts

Posted May 11, 2015 - 07:20 AM

Very sorry to hear about your brother...

• WrenchinOnIt and boyscout862 have said thanks

#13 bolens4life OFFLINE  

bolens4life
  • 73 Thanks
  • 50 posts

Posted May 11, 2015 - 11:35 AM

Everyone,

The words and thoughts are overwhelming and very unexpected so for that i am so grateful.  I do believe I am making the right choice and even more convinced now that what i do sell will go to a very good home and be used the way they were intended.

I will be sure to let you all know when the post goes up in the classifieds.  For now, I would like to respect the intent of the forum and so will not be continuing this thread.  Please PM me for any further queries.

thanks and god bless you all

Mike 

• wilberj, Husky, OldBuzzard and 7 others have said thanks

#14 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,346 Thanks
  • 1,756 posts

Posted May 11, 2015 - 08:44 PM

Really sorry for your loss,please take care and good luck I'm the future
  • WrenchinOnIt and boyscout862 have said thanks

#15 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted May 11, 2015 - 09:15 PM

Sorry to hear of your brother, that is a very hard pill to swallow. I choked on 9 deaths in 10 years, all personal and related to me.

I am have been liquidating my whole collection. From horse drawn, blacksmith tools, tack, garden tractors, engines, collectables, kitchenware, etc,...It is taking months and there is still so much to sort through not including all my power tools, hand tools, power equipment between three properties.

What a ride, holy smokes, there is so much empty space !!

• Texas Deere and Horse, WrenchinOnIt and boyscout862 have said thanks