• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • Member No: 52970
  • 3,467 Thanks
  • 1,610 posts

Posted May 10, 2015 - 06:54 PM

My Uncle has been into full size tractors most of his life and has been looking for something smaller to ride around the Antique Power Association club. He also wanted something smaller to use around his place for various chores. He showed me a picture of a Panzer in a tractor magazine a couple of months ago, and I told him that they do come up for sale from time to time. We'll he went to the club auction and bid on a Panzer that was there. He told me that the flywheel came loose when the seller started it, but I told him it was nothing to worry about. His winning bid was 700 and he dropped it off last night at my place so I could go over it for him. I fixed the flywheel issue, and had to tighten the set screw on the aluminum engine pulley. Other than that, the tractor runs fine and everything works as it should. The plow blade has been replaced and I don't know what the original plow lift linkage looks like. I'll have to do some research on it.
I called my Uncle and told him to come over to take the tractor for a ride since it was fixed. Here he is taking a test drive a little while ago.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20150510_181502-1.jpg
  • 20150510_181456-1.jpg

• MH81, Alc, wvbuzzmaster and 10 others have said thanks

#2 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 10, 2015 - 08:20 PM

Excellent purchase. 700 Dollars doesn't buy that kind of quality these days, especially when it needs very little maintenance/repair. Your Uncle looks very happy.
  • boyscout862, superaben and classic have said thanks

#3 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • 3,467 Thanks
  • 1,610 posts

Posted May 10, 2015 - 08:33 PM

I could tell he was real happy when he first took it for a ride. Neither of us have seen one of these Panzers up close, and they are a bit bigger than I thought. It's his first vintage garden tractor and I think I got him hooked! I'll be finishing a couple of restorations this year, and we'll bring them all to the show at the club this fall.
  • wvbuzzmaster, KennyP and Clint have said thanks

#4 Tankman OFFLINE  

Tankman
  • Member No: 21308
  • 294 Thanks
  • 295 posts

Posted June 04, 2015 - 01:29 PM

Nice machine! Your Uncle is lucky.

Our 1st Panzer, recent, ran fine. It's apart now for maintenance, cleaning 'n new paint.

We ran it with a snow plow on it, a Panzer blade. Worked great.

Plow_Panzer.jpg

Edited by Tankman, June 04, 2015 - 01:36 PM.

#5 Tankman OFFLINE  

Tankman
  • 294 Thanks
  • 295 posts

Posted June 04, 2015 - 01:38 PM

Here's our 1st spin. Son drivin', he was anxious!

• MH81, Clint and classic have said thanks

#6 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted June 04, 2015 - 03:48 PM

Nice looking tractors.

I had a chance on one a couple years ago, looked like to big a project tho and let it go.
  • classic said thank you

#7 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • 3,467 Thanks
  • 1,610 posts

Posted June 04, 2015 - 04:17 PM

Thanks for posting the video, the Panzer looks great! My Uncle is happy with the Panzer, but so far the flywheel nut came off, the engine PTO pulley was loose, and the steering wheel nut fell off. I think the tractor was put together in haste, so we went over everything to make sure it would stay together. Every thing is fine now and it's a nice machine. I hesitated on buying one like it last year and it was sold by the time I inquired about it. I have enough projects at the moment, but I may look into getting a Panzer at a later date. My Uncle told me not to miss the yard sale when he dies...He has a good sense of humor and always says it like it is, and he's a great guy to shoot the breeze with.
  • Clint said thank you

#8 Tankman OFFLINE  

Tankman
  • 294 Thanks
  • 295 posts

Posted June 22, 2015 - 08:50 PM

Good reading, a must for most of us. Think?

Old_Tractors.jpg