• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fogler12538 OFFLINE  

fogler12538
  • Member No: 59557
  • 254 Thanks
  • 158 posts

Posted May 10, 2015 - 06:36 PM

Can anyone link a manual for hooking up mower deck to a 78 1612 or a few pictures? The tractor a just got came with a deck but I have no clue how to hook it up.

Thanks. Jim

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20150509_152641.jpg

• laurarg3 said thank you

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,394 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted May 10, 2015 - 07:09 PM

I'm no guru here, but the first page of this manual dated 1977 may help. Under Assembly, it states how to mount the deck.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#3 icpik OFFLINE  

icpik

• Member No: 8205
  • 21 Thanks
  • 36 posts

Posted May 11, 2015 - 06:38 PM

Some where I posted some pictures of the mule and mower.  Can't find them now.  Do you have the mule hooked up?  Let me know and I will find or resubmit the pictures.

Don Hayes

#4 icpik OFFLINE  

icpik

• Member No: 8205
  • 21 Thanks
  • 36 posts

Posted May 12, 2015 - 01:45 PM

First hook up the mule to the tractor.  These pictures have the mower in place, just temporarly disregard anything to do with the mower.  The mule will have a bar that fits into a slot in the tractor frame.  A bolt on each side will pass throght he frame and mule to keep the mule from droping or rotating.  There is a spring and pin on each bolt for easy installation.  The bolts are the top bolts shown in the picture.  The bottom bolts (with springs are used to attach the mower).

Once the mule is in place, set the height of cut on the mower using the rear roller hight adjustment.  Slide the mower under the tractor, Guess which holes the front arms will through, there are four as shown in the second picture.  Attach the lift chain to the hydraulic arm so that there is a little slack when them mower is lowered.  With the mower lowered, check the level of the mower.  If the front is low, adjust the front attach points to a higher hole.  Finally hook up the belt over the tractor pulley and mower pulley.  I have a device to raise the pulleys on the mule so the belt can be place around them.

Hope this helps.

Don Hayes

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0837 - Copy.JPG
  • IMG_0637 - Copy.JPG
  • IMG_0841 - Copy.JPG
  • IMG_0840 - Copy.JPG