• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Member No: 62466
  • 1,016 Thanks
  • 838 posts

Posted May 11, 2015 - 06:55 PM

Hi  Utah Smitty, I measured an Ariens GT14 lift cylinder but its long at 15" overall (4 inch stroke) and an OD of 2 1/8",  My Power King 3 pt cylinder is closer but still a bit long at 14.5" overall length with a 4 inch stroke and an OD of 2 3/8". I guess if you can't find the parts to repair the original Case cylinder a PK one could be made to work.

• Utah Smitty said thank you

#17 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5557
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted May 12, 2015 - 12:19 AM

Hi  Utah Smitty, I measured an Ariens GT14 lift cylinder but its long at 15" overall (4 inch stroke) and an OD of 2 1/8",  My Power King 3 pt cylinder is closer but still a bit long at 14.5" overall length with a 4 inch stroke and an OD of 2 3/8". I guess if you can't find the parts to repair the original Case cylinder a PK one could be made to work.

Thanks for checking that out.

I took the cylinder to a hydraulics shop today.  The replacement shaft was slightly bent, and had some dings in it, so he's going to make me a new one and hook it up to the existing piston, plus add new seals.  He even has a source for the top wiper seal for about $6.00 so that's better than $15 some places charge... I should have the piston back Wednesday.

BTW, could you measure the lift arms on the Ariens GT14 for me?  I want to put a set on my GT20---it's using the Case lift arms right now--, but I don't know what size the Ariens arms are.

Thanks,

Smitty

• Alc and KennyP have said thanks

#18 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Member No: 62466
  • 1,016 Thanks
  • 838 posts

Posted May 12, 2015 - 12:52 PM

Hi Smitty sound like you found a good shop and will have you back in business, sorry I sold the Ariens about a yr ago otherwise I sure would measure them.

• Utah Smitty said thank you

#19 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5557
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted May 13, 2015 - 01:01 AM

Hi Smitty sound like you found a good shop and will have you back in business, sorry I sold the Ariens about a yr ago otherwise I sure would measure them.

Thanks for your input.  I'm excited to get the Case 444 hitch finished.  I have another dual spool Case valve, and a Case flow control valve.  I'm thinking of adding them so I can have an independent 3ph hydraulics, and also have hydraulics to the rear and front.  Shoudn't be too hard to setup I wouldn't think.

Smitty

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 3 ph, case, 444, 3 point hitch, cylinder repair, hydraulic cylinder