• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 alec OFFLINE  

alec
  • Member No: 61353
  • 382 Thanks
  • 412 posts

Posted May 08, 2015 - 07:10 PM

I currently have my loader on my B110 3 speed . I cant creep without riding the clutch and would like to do something different . I have a B112 with varispeed but the loader subframe may be a little different . I also have a 3415 with a vickers tranny .  I could put the vickers in ( preferable I think ) but would have to aquire a bevel gear and controlling mechanisms . I also have a hi/lo tranny in a 7016 ( no clue if it would fit at all ). what do you gentlemen think ?

#2 Talntedmrgreen ONLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,060 Thanks
  • 2,175 posts

Posted May 08, 2015 - 08:33 PM

The best bet IMO is the Vickers hydro. Second best would be a Shuttle. Those can be found cheap, but I cant say I have seen one put into an RBT.
  • alec said thank you

#3 Sdhdcouple OFFLINE  

Sdhdcouple
  • Member No: 44143
  • 143 Thanks
  • 153 posts

Posted May 09, 2015 - 07:27 AM

I vote shuttle, only because I really like them. No science behind my choice. I had a Cub Cadet with a Kwik-way laoder and a 3 speed, I had the say problem you have and because of that I ended up hating it and sold the thing.

Edited by Sdhdcouple, May 09, 2015 - 07:28 AM.

• alec said thank you

#4 VintageIronCollector OFFLINE  

VintageIronCollector

Immersed in Tractors

• Contributor
  • Member No: 33118
  • 1,267 Thanks
  • 1,768 posts

Posted May 09, 2015 - 07:35 PM

I'd just get a b series hi-lo then you don't have to swap rear ends and would actually give you like 6 gears. They ain't real cheap but if I was in your position I'd buy one. Think they are selling for like $200-250 these days but Talntedmrgreen would know current prices better than I do.

• alec said thank you

#5 alec OFFLINE  

alec
  • 382 Thanks
  • 412 posts

Posted May 09, 2015 - 08:25 PM

I'd just get a b series hi-lo then you don't have to swap rear ends and would actually give you like 6 gears. They ain't real cheap but if I was in your position I'd buy one. Think they are selling for like $200-250 these days but Talntedmrgreen would know current prices better than I do.

so the 7016 is a no go for that ?

#6 VintageIronCollector OFFLINE  

VintageIronCollector

Immersed in Tractors

• Contributor
  • 1,267 Thanks
  • 1,768 posts

Posted May 09, 2015 - 09:09 PM

so the 7016 is a no go for that ?

no the hi-lo are different. ya seriously tho just buy yourself a nice hi-lo. plus it will make your tractor worth more too!

• alec said thank you

#7 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted May 09, 2015 - 11:34 PM

I am hoping the high/low on our B-12 works well with loader.

#8 alec OFFLINE  

alec
  • 382 Thanks
  • 412 posts

Posted May 10, 2015 - 12:22 AM

no the hi-lo are different. ya seriously tho just buy yourself a nice hi-lo. plus it will make your tractor worth more too!

so is my 7016(hi/lo) a better tractor than my 3415H ?

#9 VintageIronCollector OFFLINE  

VintageIronCollector

Immersed in Tractors

• Contributor
  • 1,267 Thanks
  • 1,768 posts

Posted May 10, 2015 - 04:21 PM

so is my 7016(hi/lo) a better tractor than my 3415H ?

idk never owned any allis tractors besides b series and my 314 hydro

• alec said thank you

#10 ACmowerguy ONLINE  

ACmowerguy
  • Member No: 67204
  • 300 Thanks
  • 298 posts

Posted May 10, 2015 - 09:32 PM

I debated about putting a loader on my HB-212 but if I'm going to put a loader on a hydro tractor then I would want a foot controlled machine, IMO. I plan to put it on my B-212 Variable.
  • alec said thank you

#11 alec OFFLINE  

alec
  • 382 Thanks
  • 412 posts

Posted May 10, 2015 - 10:13 PM

I debated about putting a loader on my HB-212 but if I'm going to put a loader on a hydro tractor then I would want a foot controlled machine, IMO. I plan to put it on my B-212 Variable.

I am jealous of your HB-212 ! my first tractor was ( is still ) a B-212v she's my wh*re she does anything I ask :love:

I have some hydros and a hi/lo but I have a thing for my B-212v .loader wise I was kinda thinkin the same thing but a shuttle sounds nice ( but I dont have one ) maybe I can do some horse trading ( not wheel horse :deadhorse: ) KIDDING.. KIDDING !! I like wheelhorse too :wave: and mabye a hi/lo.. but mine wont work . I am just happy that I have the problem to worry about

#12 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,506 Thanks
  • 3,386 posts

Posted May 11, 2015 - 06:29 AM

Hydro is the best with a loader for ease of use, the soft engage and lack of clutch takes one more thing out of the equation. It just simplifies operation.

• alec said thank you

#13 Talntedmrgreen ONLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,060 Thanks
  • 2,175 posts

Posted May 11, 2015 - 03:41 PM

Foot hydro is obviously the best bet, but in a factory setup, hand hydro is my vote.  Shuttles are nice because you can change direction without clutching (but it's hand control, like a hydro), yet you can clutch to control speed in close quarters.  

I don't like variables because that setup is prone to wear and rarely is found in good operating condition...a loader and even worse, a loaded bucket, will magnify your variable's slop or slippage 10-fold.  I would NEVER use one with a loader on an incline..these seem to suffer the worst from belt slip and adjustment issues.  Plus, you still are changing ground speed by hand (like a hydro).  

I love a hilo on a 3 speed for ground engagement, but would not want to work the clutch with a HiLo for loader work.  My fear is that the planetary would not hold up, and being that they are a couple hundred bucks, I'd rather use a Shuttle planetary setup, as it's the bastard child of the Simp/AC world, and a whole rear end in good condition is dirt cheap.  A guy could buy 4 or 5 complete Shuttle rear ends, for the cost of one FDT hilo.  :thumbs:

Another benefit of the hydro, is that the Vickers rear end is much heavier...factory weight for your loader.  =]

Whatever you choose, a loader is a blast...life changing!  Enjoy it now, and maybe move it to whatever machine you find next.  Using them on various drivetrains is part of the fun.  Don't take my word for it  :beer:

• alec said thank you

#14 alec OFFLINE  

alec
  • 382 Thanks
  • 412 posts

Posted May 11, 2015 - 04:05 PM

mr green . I would take your without a problem !!  :thumbs:

I do have a 3112H  its my understanding that all I need is the rear subframe mounts and I am off to the races ( really really slow races )

but Its red and the loader is yellow ( well mostly rust :beerchug:  )