Jump to content

Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

John Deere Check Valves

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 oliver2655 OFFLINE  

  • Member
  • Member No: 26808
  • 37 Thanks
  • 82 posts
  • Location: northern indiana

Posted May 07, 2015 - 09:44 PM

Are the check valves from the 300 series tractors interchangable with the ones in my 120? i am in search for some new ones as mine are leaking oil from the buttons on top. i seen one pair without the buttons on top and wondered if i could get away with running those so i dont have to worry about the leaky buttons? Thanks for anyones help!

  • laurarg3 said thank you

#2 Trav1s ONLINE  


    My projects take longer so I enjoy them more...

  • Senior Member
  • Member No: 5472
  • 3,405 Thanks
  • 4,430 posts
  • Location: Cedar Rapids, IA

Posted May 07, 2015 - 09:56 PM

Yes they are the same.  

  • Alc said thank you

#3 JDBrian OFFLINE  


    Super Moderator

  • Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,624 Thanks
  • 14,150 posts
  • Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia - Canada

Posted May 08, 2015 - 07:37 AM

I think the 120 was the first JD to use the Dana/sundstrand transaxle. All the 300s up to the introduction of the 318 used the same setup. The later 140  ser. 30000 and up also used the Dana setup. 

  I think you can get those valves and other transmission parts from a Sundstrand dealer new for a lot less than JD sells them for. Somewhere I think I saw that new  valves are only 50$ ea when purchased this way. I have a 314 that has had them replaced at one point. My 317 has one that sticks and the button is chewed up where it looks like someone put a set of pliers on it to pull it up.