• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Mshrauger OFFLINE  

Mshrauger
  • Member No: 36628
  • 46 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted May 07, 2015 - 08:30 AM

Here are a few pictures of my Panzer's current condition. I wanted to do a full restoration on this but with a full time job, a part time job, and two boys under two I realized I wouldn't get done with it until they hit high school. So for now I am happy with getting grandpas tractor up and running and back to the right color. Besides I need it to mow the grass that has finally started to grow. My biggest problem I have run into so far is that the the box with all the nuts and bolts to put it back together didn't make it from Nebraska to Cape Cod when I got it shipped out here so I am trying to find replacement for many of them.

Here is what I started with.

IMG_0150.JPG IMG_0153.JPG

And here are a few pics of it currently. 

IMG_2812.JPG IMG_2816.JPG

IMG_2810.JPG IMG_2819.JPG

The engine has been gone through this winter so when I get it put together it should be good to go. I am very excited to finally have it up and running after more than twenty years!

Edited by Mshrauger, May 07, 2015 - 09:03 AM.

• Alc, wvbuzzmaster, Clint and 9 others have said thanks

#2 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • Member No: 52970
  • 3,467 Thanks
  • 1,610 posts

Posted May 07, 2015 - 09:51 AM

The Panzer really looks great with fresh paint on it. Just enjoy the tractor for now and restore it at a later date. Complete restorations are fun, but like you said, they take a lot of time to do.
  • JDBrian, Clint and boyscout862 have said thanks

#3 aevansgatech OFFLINE  

aevansgatech
  • Member No: 62323
  • 213 Thanks
  • 261 posts

Posted May 07, 2015 - 09:54 AM

Looks amazing

I'm not real familiar with Panzers, is that blue what would've come on it?

#4 tiretrx OFFLINE  

tiretrx

Village Idiot

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8012
  • 938 Thanks
  • 686 posts

Posted May 07, 2015 - 10:17 AM

Beautiful machine, and you're doing a fine job of it. I have a '63 T75. They're great little tractors with an interesting history. Looking forward to seeing further progress, thanks for sharing.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#5 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • Member No: 53940
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted May 07, 2015 - 11:25 AM

Lookin' good so far. The exploded parts view that came with manual for these tractors shows every nut and bolt, and what size they are. Maybe somebody can email it to you.

Gramps would be proud.

AL

• boyscout862 said thank you

#6 Doxey OFFLINE  

Doxey
  • Member No: 48959
  • 123 Thanks
  • 94 posts

Posted May 07, 2015 - 12:04 PM

Looks amazing

I'm not real familiar with Panzers, is that blue what would've come on it?

Yes,that is the color they came with.

• aevansgatech said thank you

#7 panzersarebest ONLINE  

panzersarebest
  • Member No: 36584
  • 523 Thanks
  • 407 posts

Posted May 07, 2015 - 12:26 PM

Looks good!!

#8 Mshrauger OFFLINE  

Mshrauger
  • 46 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted May 07, 2015 - 02:13 PM

Lookin' good so far. The exploded parts view that came with manual for these tractors shows every nut and bolt, and what size they are. Maybe somebody can email it to you.

Gramps would be proud.

AL

I have the original exploded parts view that grandpa got when he bought the tractor. That's what I have been using to make my list before I go to the hardware store. Actually I'm going to hit my Father in Laws basement workshop before I go. Should be able to find a lot of what i need there. :) Its been such a fun project. I can't wait to get it to the point I can start to drive it.

Mark

• classic said thank you

#9 Coventry Plumber ONLINE  

Coventry Plumber
  • Member No: 60643
  • 1,031 Thanks
  • 572 posts

Posted May 07, 2015 - 03:50 PM

It looks great , nice to give a family tractor life again. Keep it up

#10 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted May 07, 2015 - 04:03 PM

You're doing a great job on that restore. Those are a very nice tractor. I've done a couple of deep restorations and they can turn into a black hole for your spare time. 

#11 HANKG OFFLINE  

HANKG
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,912 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted May 07, 2015 - 06:15 PM

Yep lookin good

#12 devans OFFLINE  

devans
  • Member No: 68585
  • 367 Thanks
  • 256 posts

Posted May 08, 2015 - 12:21 AM

Yup, Grandpa would be very proud.

#13 Tankman OFFLINE  

Tankman
  • Member No: 21308
  • 294 Thanks
  • 295 posts

Posted May 26, 2015 - 02:00 PM

Looks great, hope we can follow as well.

Just started on our '66 Panzer and we're chompin' at the bit to get rollin'.

B10+67_Panzer.jpg

• Coventry Plumber and Bolens800uk have said thanks

#14 Mshrauger OFFLINE  

Mshrauger
  • 46 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted February 29, 2016 - 11:52 AM

It was Christmas in February for me Jim Haynes stopped by my house with a front plow and some other parts I had ordered from him. He was heading down to the cape anyway so he offered to bring the parts down for me. 

I finally have the tractor back together and mostly running. Jim dropped off some electrical parts I needed to get it back going. Once I get it all wired up I think my brakes and reversing disc is the only real issues.It works but not well. The brakes are are more or less frozen open so i'm going to ignore them for now. . I'm very excited to be able to use it this summer. 

I do have one question I hope someone can answer. The front snow plow doesn't go back up without a LOT of work on the handle. It's very hard to raise it when sitting on the seat. I have is set up like the diagrams showed. Is my rear lift assist spring to weak to bring it back up?

Here's a few Pics of the current progress.

IMG_6531.JPG

IMG_6530.JPG

#15 jabelman OFFLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 1,134 posts

Posted February 29, 2016 - 05:05 PM

My t70 is the same way it's a heavy plow, my t60 is not as bad it's a lighter plow. honestly I was not impressed plowing snow with either one. they are both restored and don't see the point anymore to push them hard and break something besides my snowblower is more efficient. but it is fun to goof around in light snow

It was Christmas in February for me Jim Haynes stopped by my house with a front plow and some other parts I had ordered from him. He was heading down to the cape anyway so he offered to bring the parts down for me.

I finally have the tractor back together and mostly running. Jim dropped off some electrical parts I needed to get it back going. Once I get it all wired up I think my brakes and reversing disc is the only real issues.It works but not well. The brakes are are more or less frozen open so i'm going to ignore them for now. . I'm very excited to be able to use it this summer.

I do have one question I hope someone can answer. The front snow plow doesn't go back up without a LOT of work on the handle. It's very hard to raise it when sitting on the seat. I have is set up like the diagrams showed. Is my rear lift assist spring to weak to bring it back up?

Here's a few Pics of the current progress.
IMG_6531.JPG

IMG_6530.JPG

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: paint, panzer