• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mtoney ONLINE  

mtoney
  • Member No: 13665
  • 557 Thanks
  • 539 posts

Posted May 05, 2015 - 07:46 PM

What do you guys think the fair value of a 316 with the Onan engine is.  Tractor/engine has just over 1100 hours on the meter, paint finish is fair, has the 46" mower deck.  Engine seems to run ok on my temp tank as I need to replace the fuel pump.  Tractor belongs to my co worker's family and they want to sell it.  I am considering buying it as I like Onan powered tractors and I want a tractor that can have a 3 point on it.  Thanks in advance.  Mike

• georgepf11 said thank you

#2 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,065 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted May 06, 2015 - 09:17 AM

Seems to be lots and lots on craigslist. Quite a few nice lookers with an attachment or two in the 750-1000 asking price range.

#3 mtoney ONLINE  

mtoney
  • Member No: 13665
  • 557 Thanks
  • 539 posts

Posted May 06, 2015 - 05:03 PM

I did some tests today on the engine, 140psi and 135psi on the two cylinders. P218 Onan.  I am thinking it might be a replacement engine with those numbers as the hour meter shows 1125, which is where the engine is usualy getting long in the tooth.  Runs excellent once I fixed the missing suction tube in the fuel tank. She has a few other minor issues to deal with but nothing I cannot handle at work.   Thats about the figures I was thinking.  This one should buff out nice, and localy they seem to fetch 1000-1500 at dealers, espicialy with a healthy engine.  Mike

#4 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted May 06, 2015 - 05:42 PM

Those compression numbers are definitely in the awesome range.  I don't think there's any way an engine with over 1,100hrs would have those readings.