• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BNK OFFLINE  

BNK
  • Member No: 62066
  • 983 Thanks
  • 444 posts

Posted May 05, 2015 - 03:17 PM

Luckily this day was slow (meaning plenty of parking). I'm looking out the lobby window and they just kept coming and coming...then they are parking in the "big truck" lot to park. We counted 105 Corvette's that had visited the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green Kentucky. Oh yea (for those of you that don't know) I work at the Tennessee Welcome Center on I-65 S on the TN/KY line. The rumble of all of them when they left would give any gearhead a good thrill~ 

Attached Thumbnails

• 002.jpg
  • 001.jpg
  • 004.jpg

• hamman, KennyP, tinbender7 and 7 others have said thanks

#2 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,109 Thanks
  • 3,201 posts

Posted May 05, 2015 - 03:29 PM

We have a corvette club here in PEI, but not quite that many cars !!!    Yes the rumble of V8 power is very nice.  Noel

• tinbender7 said thank you

#3 Bill 76 ONLINE  

Bill 76
  • Member No: 49625
  • 1,641 Thanks
  • 1,058 posts

Posted May 05, 2015 - 03:30 PM

I stopped at that museum some year back Lot of cool old and new corvettes in there.Sure would like to see a hundred of em going down the road.   

Edited by Bill 76, May 05, 2015 - 03:31 PM.

#4 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,787 Thanks
  • 7,540 posts

Posted May 05, 2015 - 04:54 PM

As I remember that is a very nice visitors center. We stopped there 2 years ago. Good Luck, Rick

#5 WNYTractorTinkerer OFFLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,315 Thanks
  • 4,663 posts

Posted May 05, 2015 - 06:37 PM

Did they get the sink hole filled back in from last year?  A bunch of Vettes sank along with it!  HERE

We stopped by there one summer and a show had just finished..  There were lots of them travelling up and down I-65

#6 HANKG ONLINE  

HANKG
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,890 Thanks
  • 2,794 posts

Posted May 05, 2015 - 06:57 PM

I once owned the holy grail 1967 vette

• tinbender7, WNYTractorTinkerer and propane1 have said thanks

#7 BNK OFFLINE  

BNK
  • 983 Thanks
  • 444 posts

Posted May 06, 2015 - 07:19 AM

Did they get the sink hole filled back in from last year?  A bunch of Vettes sank along with it!  HERE

We stopped by there one summer and a show had just finished..  There were lots of them travelling up and down I-65

After the sink hole "event" their visitation more than doubled. It is just about filled in...a few cars have been restored, a few on display that cannot be restored to include(my favorite) the black 1959. The pics above are club members from Missouri. We get a few visitors that stop by with their new Vette(s) factory fresh, factory prep, no dealer middleman @ $1,000 extra. They get a plaque, VIP tour of the plant & museum and other goodies. The most pricey unit I have seen is the "road course" 7 spd street car, depending on options it can range from $106K to $126K.      

• WNYTractorTinkerer said thank you

#8 BNK OFFLINE  

BNK
  • 983 Thanks
  • 444 posts

Posted May 06, 2015 - 08:02 AM

As I remember that is a very nice visitors center. We stopped there 2 years ago. Good Luck, Rick

Thank you Rick, I was there but working 2nd shift Maint. I have moved to 1st shift working as a assistant. We never close. I have worked all of the holidays to include Thanksgiving, Xmas eve/day & New yrs eve/day. When I was in Maint. dept. I got a good schooling in "turdology"...a degree as a "turdologist" from the University of "Stinking Creek" LMAO~ I quickly learned the use of a 18 gal shop vac to suck out the blockage rather than pull a commode; and it works I kid you not (if the plunger fails).

This is National Tourism Week this week. Music City/ Gatlinburg/ Memphis (and all in between) is a good place to visit. As a matter of fact we had a couple from Italy stop by going to Nashville in hopes to get their name out there. We said "lets hear what you got" so the couple went and got their guitars, played for us & the visitor's. Not bad at all, very talented for sure!  

Attached Thumbnails

• 012.jpg
  • 013.jpg

• boyscout862 said thank you