Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Hot weather do you wear shorts or pants?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#16 twostacks OFFLINE  

twostacks

• Member No: 6470
  • 447 Thanks
  • 426 posts

Posted May 05, 2015 - 02:08 PM

Looks like I'm in the minority here. As soon as it's warm enough, I'm in shorts all the time. I have to wear pants at work but as soon as I get home I'm in shorts.

• IamSherwood, KennyP and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#17 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted May 05, 2015 - 02:21 PM

Glad to see I'm not the only one!  I do have a pair of "gym" shorts that I wear in the evening after I shower and getting ready for bed.  But I don't leave the house in them.

I agree on the rural king pants.  I don't have any but I bought my dad a few pair and my wife's grandfather a few pair for Christmas last year.

I typically wear Ruff Hewn jeans from Elder Beerman for my "good" pants.  Very comfortable and soft plus they are big enough to fit over top my boots. 

Work gives us 16 pair of carhart jeans a year.  I've been with the company for 11 years so thats 176 pairs of pants.  I have them stacked up in my closet in sizes from 32 to 36.  It looks like a department store.  I probably have 125 new pair in there.  As the ones wear out I throw them out and grab a new pair.  I probably should donate them to a charity...

Edited by toomanytoys84, May 05, 2015 - 02:22 PM.

• KennyP, boyscout862 and Sawdust have said thanks

#18 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,687 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted May 05, 2015 - 02:44 PM

Yeah, I wear shorts, but not the boxer ones. And I'm careful to only go out after dark.

• IamSherwood, Cvans, boyscout862 and 3 others have said thanks

#19 Jazz ONLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 1,441 Thanks
  • 953 posts

Posted May 05, 2015 - 03:01 PM

Columbia tm fast dry pants with zip off legs..Gives you the option which I like as the weather or my activity can change abruptly..I wear them all summer. Jeans when ever I work or there will be blood letting..the painter prefers shorts 

Attached Thumbnails

• best_photos_of_the_week_85_photos41_1416690127.jpg

• IamSherwood, Bill 76 and Coventry Plumber have said thanks

#20 Bill 76 OFFLINE  

Bill 76
  • Member No: 49625
  • 1,646 Thanks
  • 1,060 posts

Posted May 05, 2015 - 03:09 PM

Bib overalls every day for me if it's real hot I might go commando with the under wear (that maybe more then you wanted to know)Also wear long sleeve cotton shirts when the sun wanting to fry me--keeps me cooler. 

Hey Jazz I think I need some thing painted around here-I don't care what,anything.

• KennyP said thank you

#21 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,094 posts

Posted May 05, 2015 - 04:27 PM

I have to wear jeans all day at work.When the temp permits i come home get a shower and put on shorts.I wear shorts working on the farm also unless throwing hay and straw bales around.Legs get pretty scratched up.

• KennyP said thank you

#22 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,094 posts

Posted May 05, 2015 - 04:29 PM

Columbia tm fast dry pants with zip off legs..Gives you the option which I like as the weather or my activity can change abruptly..I wear them all summer. Jeans when ever I work or there will be blood letting..the painter prefers shorts 

I'm sorry but i gotta.I hope glgrumpy's shorts are a lot longer than those Daisy Dukes.

Edited by ckjakline, May 05, 2015 - 04:30 PM.

• KennyP, pigsitter, Sawdust and 1 other said thanks

#23 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,736 posts

Posted May 05, 2015 - 04:31 PM

Glad to see I'm not the only one!  I do have a pair of "gym" shorts that I wear in the evening after I shower and getting ready for bed.  But I don't leave the house in them.

I agree on the rural king pants.  I don't have any but I bought my dad a few pair and my wife's grandfather a few pair for Christmas last year.

I typically wear Ruff Hewn jeans from Elder Beerman for my "good" pants.  Very comfortable and soft plus they are big enough to fit over top my boots. 

Work gives us 16 pair of carhart jeans a year.  I've been with the company for 11 years so thats 176 pairs of pants.  I have them stacked up in my closet in sizes from 32 to 36.  It looks like a department store.  I probably have 125 new pair in there.  As the ones wear out I throw them out and grab a new pair.  I probably should donate them to a charity...

I could use some of those extra jeans. I wear 32's in late summer and fall and 33's winter and spring. About 33" length! I'll pay shipping!

#24 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted May 05, 2015 - 04:55 PM

Shorts as often as possible.

#25 bbuckler OFFLINE  

bbuckler
  • Member No: 59269
  • 2,087 Thanks
  • 1,891 posts

Posted May 05, 2015 - 05:03 PM

Pants year around for me.

#26 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,520 Thanks
  • 3,396 posts

Posted May 05, 2015 - 07:07 PM

My wife gets mad at me because I never wear shorts.  I stopped wearing shorts when my mom stopped laying my clothes out for me.  I dislike the look, and find them generally uncomfortable as I hate the fabric hem rubbing my legs.  She always tells me "You are going to be burning up out there wearing jeans!"  And my response is always, I feel cooler in pants because it keeps the sun off my legs and works somewhat like an oven mitt shielding you from the heat.

The only times in the last 20 years that I have worn shorts is when I have went on vacation to the beach or when we went on our cruises.  The last cruise my wife bought me 5 new pairs of shorts.  I wore each pair once, and when we got back I washed them, folded them, and put them in a tote in top the closet. 

Anyone else out there follow my thoughts? Or am the odd one out?

If it ain't freezin', I'm showin' my kneezin! Shorts about 8 months a year, but I got the legs for it!
  • IamSherwood and KennyP have said thanks

#27 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,169 Thanks
  • 5,761 posts

Posted May 06, 2015 - 07:11 AM

Haven't worn shorts since grade school. Hope to never have to wear them again.

#28 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,396 posts

Posted May 06, 2015 - 11:51 AM

Berne work pants & long sleeve shirt year round for me!

#29 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,520 Thanks
  • 3,396 posts

Posted May 06, 2015 - 08:58 PM

Now if I'm out on a tractor going through brush and briars I'm gonna dress for it, but if I'm mowing with my zero turn, planting flowers or just hanging out, I wear shorts, why not? I'm not embarrassed by my legs, they're comfortable to me when many times pants, especially jeans, which I wear all winter, can be heavy and hot and restrictive to movement. I don't think there's a right or wrong, just whatever works for you.
  • grnspot110 said thank you

#30 Appalachian OFFLINE  

Appalachian
  • Member No: 50647
  • 66 Thanks
  • 43 posts

Posted May 06, 2015 - 09:11 PM

I wear shorts as much as possible-I spend 60 hours in a suit every week.