Hydraulic lift lever sloppy

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 oldiron OFFLINE  

• Member No: 28750
  • 34 Thanks
  • 64 posts

Posted May 04, 2015 - 01:11 AM

I picked up four 7100 model Simplicity tractors over the weekend at an auction, got all four for less than $200, two of them run, one will run, and one is missing its motor.

The list is as follows, two 7119H, one with a motor, one without, one 7116H, running with a toggle switch ignition and the charging circuit isn't wired up, and a 7114S which runs but has steering issues. It steers but steers hard and only to the left. 

The 7119H that's minus its motor is super clean, but the bypass pins are both stuck down and the axle seals look wet.

The other 7119H runs but is missing some engine tin, and the bypass pins are both stuck down on the trans as well.

On each of the hydro models, there's alot of slop in the lift lever, there's about 4" of slop between up and down. The shaft that goes through the small plate inside the frame with the chain link on it doesn't fit the plate very tightly, as if the plate is wallowed out.
Does anyone know if this part is still available? The service manual posted calls it a bell crank but doesn't give a part number.

Something tells me I'll be welding up the worn hole and taking a file to it to make it fit snug again.

• boyscout862 and HANKG have said thanks

#2 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,052 Thanks
  • 2,166 posts

Posted May 04, 2015 - 06:50 AM

The parts manual shows it as 1667261.  Jacks shows it as NLA, but it is shown as available here, for under $7.  Worth trying to weld a bit first, IMO.

#3 oldiron OFFLINE  

• Member No: 28750
  • 34 Thanks
  • 64 posts

Posted May 04, 2015 - 09:42 PM

For the $7 it would be well worth it to buy one but they show $9.95 shipping on such a small part.

I tried a local dealer who used to sell Simplicity but they dropped the line in favor of an import brand now, all I got was a sales pitch about buying a new machine.

They said they no longer have or sell parts for Simplicity.

The nearest dealer is hours away.

After taking the part off the tractor, I'm thinking maybe its easier to make a whole new part, a few minutes on the band saw, two holes and some filing and I'll have a part I can harden so it won't wear out again.

Seeing how its wallowed out, makes me think it was never a very tight fit from the beginning. The handle shaft looks perfect, no sign of it being worn or damaged.