• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sdhdcouple OFFLINE  

Sdhdcouple
  • Member No: 44143
  • 143 Thanks
  • 153 posts

Posted May 02, 2015 - 10:01 AM

Well I have a really great running k301s in a tractor that has the bad BGB that I am rebuilding. My other tractor is having the problem running when it gets warm. Grass is getting tall so I tossed the good k301 in one of those Allis 716 I bought so I could at the least get the grass mowed. well got it in and everything hooked, every thing working, turned the key and it takes off running just like it always had. runs for a few min I hop on and grab the reverse, nothing doesn't move. no forward or backward. now I getting angry as every tractor is in some state of broke. well I forgot I was pushing it around and had pushed the pressure relief valves in. ok back to happy again. take of across the drive, things running great, faster than any tractor I have and then large pop and it stops. hit the key, nothing. open the hood and there lays the spark plug. LOL dumb me forgot I had "barrowed" that plug during the figuring out why the other tractor stopped running. my plug wire is old so the plug was turning its' self out during my victory cruise. scared the crap out of me, I thought my favorite K301 had just dumped on my parade.

like I said the dumb things we do.

Note: tractor and owner are fine.
  • Gtractor, MH81, hamman and 7 others have said thanks

#2 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,317 Thanks
  • 4,664 posts

Posted May 02, 2015 - 10:39 AM

:hitting_self_roller:  :anvil_drop:  :watching_you:    :bigrofl:  :bigrofl:  :bigrofl:

Thanks for the belly laugh!!   :good_job:

• hamman and tinbender7 have said thanks

#3 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,585 posts

Posted May 02, 2015 - 10:56 AM

There for a minute I thought you had been watching me on some of my dumb moves. For instance .... last night I decided that I would put the rear tiller on Bob ( not my son my Homelite T 16 H)  and get it ready to till the garden today for the rain in the next few days. Well got it on and Started the tractor and the tiller was running ??? Looked and saw that the actuator handle was in drive for the tiller ,  duhhhhh, flipped it and .... it's still running, long story short , when we put the tiller on the tractor we didn't get it all the way in and the pin was holding nothing because, yup you guessed it as I was driving to the garage from the shed to get a better look , the tiller fell off the back ! Now this is after taking the mule dive off twice and rerouting the belt three times !!! ???? Pulled the pin rerouted the belt a fourth time put the tiller into the lift where it belongs put the pin in started the tractor and low and behold  ...... just like it should it runs. Put the tractor away and went in to the house to laugh at myself, 3 hours later.. ( should of been a 20 min job ), Yup dumb stuff we do. Thanks for sharing guess you're not alone.                                               Roger,

• trowel, tinbender7, WNYTractorTinkerer and 1 other said thanks

#4 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • Member No: 52970
  • 3,462 Thanks
  • 1,608 posts

Posted May 02, 2015 - 04:03 PM

I started filling the gas tank on one of the tractors with the fuel line disconnected from the carb, HA! I've learned to not be in a rush anymore. At least you are getting the grass cut now.
  • alec said thank you

#5 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,317 Thanks
  • 4,664 posts

Posted May 03, 2015 - 10:22 AM

So many dumb things I've done but this one takes the cake..  I was having fuel problems on the truck and, as usual, I was in a big hurry to get it done..  I was getting ready to drop the fuel tank to replace the pump as I determined it was the problem..  I was unhooking the fuel line @ the fuel filter to drop the (full as usual when trouble happens)  tank and lines as a group as I've done many times before and got one side free..  I was going to replace the filter too so wanted to get the other side off.  So I get the wrenches out and one by one try to break the filter free but no joy..  Out came the vise grips and still couldn't budge it..

Not thinking I grabbed the torch and heated the fitting I was working on (not even realizing that the other side was wide open) and warmed things up..  Next thing I know, the gas in the filter started boiling and flames started shooting out the open side.. :say_what:   I got the hell outta there fast and ran in the house to get a bucket of water from the sink..  We happened to have friends visiting from Tennessee that weekend and everyone saw the absolute fear in my face as I dashed to the sink for water.  My wife called 911 while I was experiencing this scary situation and I didn't even hear her as I was concentrating on getting the fire out before it burned down my shop..   :flipping_flapjacks:

I doused the fire with wet rags and got it out..   :good_job: This all happened very fast as I was young and in a lot better shape then.  So as I was still down there catching my breath from the whole experience I tried the filter again and it came right off!  I threw it out of the garage onto the driveway and as I watched it roll around I see the fire trucks roll into the driveway.. Oh poo!!  I grew apprehensive as I realize what happened..  Someone called them!  So I spent the next 20 minutes explaining again what dumb things I had done as the guy (many of whom I went to school with) giggled away. No harm, no foul but it could have been a heck of a lot worse..  

Christmas that year was a good one as I got a few fire extinguishers and a fire proof lock box and toy firemen..  It is funny now but was in no way funny then..  

• trowel said thank you

#6 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted May 03, 2015 - 01:36 PM

Christmas that year was a good one as I got a few fire extinguishers and a fire proof lock box and toy firemen..  It is funny now but was in no way funny then..  

:bigrofl: