• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Firepuppy OFFLINE  

Firepuppy

• Member No: 3798
  • 5 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted May 01, 2015 - 08:32 PM

I have a JD 316 with a B43e engine why do i sometimes go online and see oil filters and flanges for the 316 but mine dont have one when it says it will fit there is no plate to remove and screw on oil filter flange

2nd im in desparate need of 2 connecting rods and 2 STD pistons does any one know were i can find some non on ebay and unless i spend and arm and leg at onanparts.com i cant find any i know somene one out here has to have something to help me out

thanks

• KennyP and larisaPn have said thanks

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,412 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted May 01, 2015 - 08:45 PM

I hope you can find what you need!

#3 mtoney ONLINE  

mtoney
  • Member No: 13665
  • 557 Thanks
  • 539 posts

Posted May 04, 2015 - 07:09 PM

Onan parts are unfortunatly not cheap and untill recently only available from Cummins/Onan on thier site or thru someone that handles that brand of parts.  Some parts are now being reproduced aftermarket but not everything yet.  Try calling Maple Grove Distributing in Galveston, IN.  They sell and ship worldwide and have excellent prices.  Not that it might be any cheaper but worth a shot.  Dont feel to bad, parts for older Kohler and Briggs are getting almost as bad as Onan prices.  Not all the earlier Onans had oil filters, but the later B and all the P series did.  Yours is just one that does not.  Invest your $$ into the Onan and reap another 20+ years of nice raw horsepower with a throaty roar!   Take your time and do everything by the book, adjust the valves to book spec as well.  Onans are a high performance engine, designed for Generator applications.  They take a bit more care in reassembly than the typical Kohler K series.  Good luck with your rebuilt.   Mike

#4 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,604 Thanks
  • 29,833 posts

Posted May 04, 2015 - 07:14 PM

Many of the Onans without filters have the block drilled for a filter, and a blockoff plate bolted where a filter adapter would go.  I've added a few to engines with such plates.  Just unbolt the plate, bolt on the adapter & filter, then you either cut openings for the filter in the air shrouds, or find used with cutouts.