• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • Member No: 52970
  • 3,449 Thanks
  • 1,603 posts

Posted May 02, 2015 - 09:25 AM

Awesome find Pete! You did claim the next 2 speed pulley that comes up for sale in the area and you got it!

#17 petrj6 OFFLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,219 posts

Posted May 02, 2015 - 08:01 PM

I left the tractor here at the house for the zagray trip :D I knew full well what would happen if it made its way down there.  I now have a tough decision, I want to keep it but have no use for another gt.  I may take the HI-low of and put a standard pulley on there then get it running and sell it.  probably be able to make some money of this.  I need to thin the herd a bit, to many projects I will never have the time to get to.

Pete

• TomLGT195 said thank you

#18 Tankman OFFLINE  

Tankman
  • Member No: 21308
  • 294 Thanks
  • 295 posts

Posted May 11, 2015 - 08:01 PM

Nice find! Looks great!

I'm currently working on a B-10, getting to really appreciate the engineering. Allis Chalmers did an excellent job.

Paid $275.00. The B-10 came with a grader blade and hanger, snow blade w/ frame, mowing deck and a rear tiller. Haven't done anything with implements yet. With stone drives, grader blade will be used 1st.

B10-Progress1.jpg

Allis-Chalmers.jpg

AC-WHeelsWWW.jpg

Edited by Tankman, May 11, 2015 - 08:08 PM.

• KennyP, boyscout862, TomLGT195 and 3 others have said thanks

#19 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • Member No: 52970
  • 3,449 Thanks
  • 1,603 posts

Posted May 12, 2015 - 12:14 AM

Good deal on that one tankman, and it looks like it's coming along fine. I regularly use these machines around the place and they do well.
  • boyscout862 said thank you

#20 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,798 Thanks
  • 2,197 posts

Posted May 12, 2015 - 07:23 PM

Well the good news is Pete has offered to sell me this one. Yes, I bought it! :dancingbanana:  I get the tractor , minus the Hi- Low gear, the mower deck and the tiller. I pick it up in a few weeks . :dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana:

• KennyP, boyscout862, VintageIronCollector and 1 other said thanks

#21 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,763 Thanks
  • 7,534 posts

Posted May 12, 2015 - 08:17 PM

Well the good news is Pete has offered to sell me this one. Yes, I bought it! :dancingbanana:  I get the tractor , minus the Hi- Low gear, the mower deck and the tiller. I pick it up in a few weeks . :dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana:

Bad idea Tom. After you play with a B-10 for a little while, you won't play with the others much. Check out www.simpletractors.com for the history and to see the attachments that were available. Good Luck, Rick

#22 petrj6 OFFLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,219 posts

Posted May 14, 2015 - 04:51 AM

I love these tractors, very durable very easy to work on.  you will love that b-10 tom, give it a little tlc and you will use it every day.  I do all my work around the house on a 67 big ten and wouldn't have it any other way.   I am going to look around I may even have a new light bracket left over from the last batch I made I will throw in to the deal for you.

Pete

Attached Thumbnails

• allis b-10 015.JPG
  • garden tilling 011.JPG

• TomLGT195 and classic have said thanks

#23 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,798 Thanks
  • 2,197 posts

Posted May 23, 2015 - 05:52 PM

Well I brought it home today, need to do a couple things to it then I am going to try it out. I haven't looked at anything yet , but Pete says it will need a choke cable. Will any type cable work there or is it specific for the tractor ? Also can you get replacement tines  for the rototiller?  I will start doing the research next week, but any leads to point me in the right direction would be appreciated .

Tom

Here it is just getting to its new home.

IMG_1440.jpg

• KennyP said thank you

#24 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,415 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted May 23, 2015 - 07:02 PM

Glad you got it home! There is always a learning curve with a different brand!

#25 alec OFFLINE  

alec
  • Member No: 61353
  • 382 Thanks
  • 412 posts

Posted May 23, 2015 - 09:38 PM

I love these tractors, very durable very easy to work on.  you will love that b-10 tom, give it a little tlc and you will use it every day.  I do all my work around the house on a 67 big ten and wouldn't have it any other way.   I am going to look around I may even have a new light bracket left over from the last batch I made I will throw in to the deal for you.

Pete

wow .. must be dead quiet at you house at night .. nice brush gaurd / bumper

#26 petrj6 OFFLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,219 posts

Posted May 24, 2015 - 05:39 AM

Tom you should be able to get a regular piece of choke cable and line to replace the one on that tractor, it will be a little bit of a pain. I would suggest removing the entire choke throttle assy to do it, you may be able to find a good used set but they are getting a bit hard to find.    the tines I am not sure off, I always wanted to get a spare set but never came across any when I had spare cash. The tines on a troy built horse look very close but I never tried them out.

I went out yesterday and tilled a huge garden with my big ten and it was a blast !!  Glad you are happy.

Pete