My wife had a box that a shirt came in that has a pebble pattern embossed on it.
I cut strips from it, painted them gray and glued them on for the foundation.
1/8x.03 strips of white styrene are glued on top of the foundation strips.
The roof sections are painted flat black.
The edges are trimmed with pieces of Dollhouse baseboard molding.
Constructing the front steps from sections of wood and and formed stairs from Plastruct.
The wood will be coated with spackling putty to make it look like concrete.
The roof for the front porch is glued together and the four support post are glued on.
Here is the finished front entry.
I'm going to put stair railings on but have not decided just what they are going to be made out of yet.
I got a smoke stack off ebay and mounted it and the water tank on the roof of the factory.
That gray panel is suppose to be the air vent and cleanout access for the furnace.
I made it from one of these stamped pieces.
Edited by jdcrawler, March 22, 2011 - 11:37 AM.