#16 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted April 30, 2015 - 11:42 AM

I will try that.  I turned it on because I want to be able to use my Data when on a call.  Useful when having someone on speaker phone and needing to read an email during the call.    This happens more often than you would think with work.  If its off it tells me data is not available when making a call.

I'll turn it off on the drive back to the camp tonight.  See if that kills the 3 dead spots I am encountering on the way home now.   With my last phone I could leave my office, drive through the WV country side and NEVER drop the call all the way till about 2 miles from the camp where signal completely dies off to nothing.

Trust me, I know just how important having data during a call can be as I'm always having to read email and look stuff up during calls.  I'm taking this to a PM to not bore everyone without a Turbo.  :smilewink:

#17 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted April 30, 2015 - 12:35 PM

yeah/ but 10# of garbage in a 2# space always means problems.

I do not just feel this way about electronics.  Machinery, cars, tools, you name it. older=better made, longer lasting and less hassle.

There isn't a car made in at least 10 years that I get excited about. I have not spent a cent at Sears in 15 years but I just bought a 17 pc Made in USA Craftsman  wrench set from 1/4 to  1-1/4  and an old (but looks never used) Coleman lantern at a  garage sale for $25.

Today's Craftsman? the wrenches do not even feel the same in your hand and are mostly made in China.  Same story as the OP's "new and improved" phone. 

The thread elsewhere on the forum about the "lubed for life" Briggs engine in the works/// what crap.

The fact that I regularly use an old ROOF push mower from back when you could let your hand slip off the handle without fear of the engine dying, I have a freshly rebuilt 12HP Magnum Kohler in the garage (that is no longer made)  waiting for just the right machine, mow my bigger areas with a 1980s vintage Woods ZTR, and have the desire to head South for a rust free pickup at least 20 years old to bring home for my new daily driver,  there is so much "new" out there that I probably do not know half of what is out there, and could care less!  I know that working on for the most part a fleet of 2008 and newer vehicles at my job, makes me NOT want a newer vehicle.  all goes along with this new "technology" that isn't worth anything.

Ever go into a store while there is a power outage? everyone freaks. How long did society exist before everything was computerized? JUST FINE! cash register and in some instances the change holder you wore  on your belt /you know the one with seperate slots for quarters dimes nickels and pennies... but did business just fine.    Go thru a drive thru with an order that is $12.78, and give the clerk at the window $20.08 (to keep from getting any more pennies that dont work in the vending machine) and see how that worker freaks out? Nobody knows any more how to figure out what change to return to the customer..... 

• MH81, dogsoldier, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#18 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,754 Thanks
  • 8,923 posts

Posted April 30, 2015 - 07:41 PM

I do not just feel this way about electronics.  Machinery, cars, tools, you name it. older=better made, longer lasting and less hassle.

There isn't a car made in at least 10 years that I get excited about.. 

I couldn't disagree more with adding cars and trucks to the list. I have 3 vehicles: 2004, 2008, 2010. Total miles between the three is 290,000. I have into those three, above normal oil changes, tires, and brakes, the following.

On the '08: O2 sensor, radiator, alternator, the whole TBI unit.

2010: Nothing

2004: Gauge cluster replaced under a factory recall.

No rust on any of them.

The only reason I didn't do the throttle body myself was it was under warranty.

• toomanytoys84 said thank you

#19 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted May 01, 2015 - 07:24 AM

I couldn't disagree more with adding cars and trucks to the list. I have 3 vehicles: 2004, 2008, 2010. Total miles between the three is 290,000. I have into those three, above normal oil changes, tires, and brakes, the following.

On the '08: O2 sensor, radiator, alternator, the whole TBI unit.

2010: Nothing

2004: Gauge cluster replaced under a factory recall.

No rust on any of them.

The only reason I didn't do the throttle body myself was it was under warranty.

I agree completely here.  Newer vehicles don't have hardly any trouble.  30 below outside they fire right up, and drive.  Hardly any problems.

I remember Dad talking about vehicles with 100k miles being completely worn out, rusted, and broken completely.  He talked about constantly changing spark plugs, having to carry spare points In your glove box.

I've gotten over 250k each out of my last 3 long term owned vehicles with very little trouble. 

#20 Appalachian OFFLINE  

Appalachian
  • Member No: 50647
  • 66 Thanks
  • 43 posts

Posted May 01, 2015 - 01:28 PM

If you get good customer service from Verizon, go buy a lottery ticket, it's your lucky day. I can't say a single good thing about them.
  • dodge trucker said thank you