• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 lspencer001 OFFLINE  

lspencer001
  • Member No: 8595
  • 10 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted April 29, 2015 - 04:47 PM

hello. I have two bush hog D-47s. one has the origional mower deck with it. I need help finding parts so I can rebuild the deck and get it back to usable condition. I know the bearings are froze so I need to find new bearings and I also need to find a new belt. any help would be great

#2 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,668 Thanks
  • 17,196 posts

Posted April 29, 2015 - 04:52 PM

Welcome to the Forum! :wave:

Lots of Knowledgeable Bush hog guys here.

Does the deck have a model number or anything? May be a parts breakdown in the manuals section.

Are the bearings roller or ball bearings? If you dont have luck sourcing them I am a bearing and seal dealer and can cross most brands, there should be numbers on the bearings. 

• boyscout862 and superaben have said thanks

#3 lspencer001 OFFLINE  

lspencer001
  • 10 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted April 29, 2015 - 04:58 PM

thanks. right now the deck is in the rafters of the garage for storage. without getting it down I do not know what the model number would be or the bearing type. will try to get it down this weekend thanks.

#4 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,743 Thanks
  • 7,515 posts

Posted April 29, 2015 - 05:43 PM

Welcome to GTT. Checkout our Manuals Section for manuals. Relax and enjoy the site. Good Luck, Rick

#5 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,555 Thanks
  • 29,815 posts

Posted April 29, 2015 - 06:46 PM

Surely has std sealed bearings, so once you get it apart, a bearing supply can measure and match.
  • Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#6 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,728 Thanks
  • 2,245 posts

Posted April 29, 2015 - 08:02 PM

Napa I know can match up the belts as I bought them for my deck a few years back.

#7 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,668 Thanks
  • 17,196 posts

Posted April 30, 2015 - 07:21 AM

Surely has std sealed bearings, so once you get it apart, a bearing supply can measure and match.

These originally didn't have grease able bearings and spindles??

#8 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted May 04, 2015 - 12:34 PM

These originally didn't have grease able bearings and spindles??

Mine are Doc, but you would need to take the seal out of one side of a sealed bearing in most cases. My 42" has grease zerks in the top of each spindle shaft.

#9 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,668 Thanks
  • 17,196 posts

Posted May 04, 2015 - 12:39 PM

Mine are Doc, but you would need to take the seal out of one side of a sealed bearing in most cases. My 42" has grease zerks in the top of each spindle shaft.

Thats what I figured. They still make single side seal bearings with trash guard seals on the outer ends which were designed for dusty applications such as mower decks

#10 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted May 04, 2015 - 12:45 PM

Thats what I figured. They still make single side seal bearings with trash guard seals on the outer ends which were designed for dusty applications such as mower decks

Yes, but most people won't get the right ones.. :wallbanging:

They will put sealed bearing in them and then wonder why all the grease runs out a round them . :(

• Bolens 1000 and KennyP have said thanks

#11 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,555 Thanks
  • 29,815 posts

Posted May 04, 2015 - 02:18 PM

What I like to do on decks with sealed bearings is on the inner seal (especially the top bearing) I will pop it out, then cut V's in the lip to allow grease in.  Leaving most of the seal intact encourages the grease to stay in the top bearing's outer ball area, but lets the grease flow in easily.  The bottom bearing I usually just pull & toss the inner seal.

• Texas Deere and Horse and KennyP have said thanks

#12 lspencer001 OFFLINE  

lspencer001
  • 10 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted May 24, 2015 - 04:42 PM

sorry for not getting back. never got any emails saying there were responses. anyway. my deck is the M-42 and got it down and it is so rusted that to me its not salvageable. to many spots rusted through. I have a whole binder of original manuals for everything including most of the attachments.  now another question. has anyone ever seen a bush hog front blade. I bought one about 20 years ago and back then you could barley make out "bush hog..." I also got it down and tried to put it on today and quickly realized why its been put up for 20 years. all the bolt holes line up but for the life of me I can't get the bolts in. if I get the back in the front won't and vise a versa. I was able to get the front on but can't use it. it is stuck in the up position now and the back two bolts won't line up. it attaches to the mower deck lift system. if anyone has ever put one of these on I would greatly appreciate any input on how everything lines up. 

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_8291.JPG
  • 100_8284.JPG
  • 100_8285.JPG
  • 100_8286.JPG
  • 100_8287.JPG
  • 100_8288.JPG
  • 100_8289.JPG
  • 100_8290.JPG

#13 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,344 Thanks
  • 39,622 posts

Posted May 24, 2015 - 05:37 PM

If you want e-mails on responses, you have to check the box in your profile, settings.

#14 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,555 Thanks
  • 29,815 posts

Posted May 24, 2015 - 05:42 PM

You are missing a few pieces.  You first bolt the rear of the blade to the tractor mounts, which you have almost aligned.  There are 2 1/4" thick x 1+ inch wide x about 3 or 4 inches long that go between the points toward the front that you have bolted up.  These plates have multiple holes to allow adjustment.  Then on the front of the tractor at the bumper area, there are 2 plates that bolt up to hook lift spring helpers to, down to the blade.  You can do without them, as they are just  helpers, and may or may not help that much.  I'm not feeling my best, so at this time I can't look up pics of these parts, but I should have helped some.

#15 lspencer001 OFFLINE  

lspencer001
  • 10 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted May 24, 2015 - 07:56 PM

thanks you have helped a lot. this blade is not listed in my attachment pamphlet. I have looked all over the internet and cannot find any pics of this blade. I believe my D-47 (one in pics) is a 1968 or a 1969, I have two D-47s, this one is all origional down to the paint and letters and my other one is rough. also I have the message reply checked. only got a few emails before I quit getting them.    

• KennyP said thank you