• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted April 26, 2015 - 03:12 PM

My SS15 has only one set of  rods from the plow to the frame in the lower holes. There is another set of holes in the upper area that I believe should have another set of rods...am I correct? If so are these the same size in length as the set I have.

plow.jpg

I have seen some that have a flat stock bar also. I could make either round or flat but I need to know what the length is. Right now when I lift the plow up it pulls itself out of the front of the frame.

This a pick of another one I seen with two sets. Thanks!

Snow plow rods 2.jpg

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted April 26, 2015 - 06:25 PM

I don't remember from ones I've had, but didn't recall two straps to the axle??  Anyway, none of those parts move up/down, so guess it might work to add some. Can't you just mount plow like shown and measure the holes then?  If the plow pulls out of frame, think something there is missing?  After you slide that in, isn't there bolts or pins on each side or maybe one big one to hold it in?  Best look for those or that in a diagram or manual.

• Sawdust said thank you

#3 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted April 27, 2015 - 06:55 PM

Thanks GL for your reply. I think I'll level out the plow frame & make a temporary set of rods that I can adjust to the right length & wing it from there until I get the right tilt on the plow. Once I get the correct length I'll make a set exact.

I tried to see in the manuals but their not clear on how this stays in the frame other than sliding it in & attaching the rods like I mentioned. I'm thinking once two sets of rods are attached it's not going anywhere.

#4 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,479 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted April 28, 2015 - 11:47 AM

Yea, most of them just slide in there, those rods will hold it in.

• Sawdust said thank you