• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Member No: 62466
  • 1,018 Thanks
  • 839 posts

Posted April 26, 2015 - 02:57 PM

Hi all, we got some nice rain here in WC MN this past week so I figured it was a good time to try the earthcatvator and it worked pretty good was able to move some gravel to a couple of low areas and to extend the parking area a couple of feet, did discovery I need to install a couple of stronger springs in the roll-over latches when using it and it starts jumping and bouncing they like to unlock but it will be easy enough to install some stronger spring that will hold the lock bar down.

Then on to an old stump that;s been aging for 15+ yrs used the stump puller on it worked great the stump is out of the way and it was really nice to go to the garden and get a scoop of dirt with the FEL and fill in the stump hole.

100_0453.JPG 100_0455.JPG 100_0454.JPG

• Alc, CRFarnsworth, Cat385B and 4 others have said thanks

#2 Austen OFFLINE  

Austen
  • Member No: 33768
  • 855 Thanks
  • 567 posts

Posted April 26, 2015 - 05:27 PM

I just love the view of a PK/Economy with something attached to its 3pt. :thumbs:

• MNGB said thank you

#3 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted April 26, 2015 - 06:39 PM

I don't know how hard of a pull that was but I wouldn't recommend a hard pull with the three point. Either find yourself a bolt on stationary hitch with some good grade 8 bolts or loop the chain up around the rock shaft. The three point is strong but it can only do so much. Looked like a good day with the PK though.
  • MNGB said thank you

#4 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Member No: 62466
  • 1,018 Thanks
  • 839 posts

Posted April 26, 2015 - 07:02 PM

Thanks guys, David it was a very easy tug, as I said it was a very old stump just pulled out like nothing much there, I'd never try it on a new stump and thinking about your advise on using the 3 pt for hard pulls you have brought up a good point I'll look into a different set up thanks.

Edited by MNGB, April 26, 2015 - 07:03 PM.

• David Brown said thank you