Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Looks like its going to work like a champ!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,413 Thanks
  • 3,163 posts

Posted April 25, 2015 - 03:37 PM

Started working on getting the Factory pto on my LGT 165 and with the Factory brackets too!!!! Whooooo hoo!!!! Easy Peasy!! All I need to get is the new stainless shaft and 1 more bearing, and the pulley to drive It.
Once this is done and working I will make up a reversing step down drive to slip on so i can use either my Bolens tiller or my factory Ford tiller!! The gear box will be permantly attached to the Bolens tiller so I can use the factory Ford pto shaft for either tiller.
Why bother you may ask, well they both work great, but under different conditions, so with both i will have all conditions covered. Going to order my goodies right now.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20150425_163855.jpg
  • IMG_20150425_163914.jpg
  • IMG_20150425_164159.jpg

Edited by skyrydr2, April 25, 2015 - 03:43 PM.

• MH81, Alc, wvbuzzmaster and 9 others have said thanks

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,794 Thanks
  • 7,541 posts

Posted April 25, 2015 - 03:44 PM

You forgot the pics!

• tinbender7 said thank you

#3 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,413 Thanks
  • 3,163 posts

Posted April 25, 2015 - 04:19 PM

Ordered my goodies ,hopefully I can have it up and running this coming weekend, or at least by the following. :dancingbanana:  :thumbs:

• KennyP, tinbender7 and boyscout862 have said thanks

#4 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,953 Thanks
  • 3,326 posts

Posted April 25, 2015 - 08:41 PM

I like that setup! Had BMP out again today just for a ride.

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted April 26, 2015 - 10:07 AM

Looks good, Keith! Glad you could adapt it to that diesel!

#6 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,413 Thanks
  • 3,163 posts

Posted May 05, 2015 - 03:48 AM

Well I received my goodies,and got the shaft all made up with the woodruff keys cut in and a snap ring groove at the pulley end for safety.
Had a fun time 're routing the hoses that filled the area now occupied by the new shaft,that took most of the fun out of it I tell 'ya !
Anyways, pics to follow later today, I need to still weld in a bracket for the middle bearing.
  • KennyP and Chopperhed have said thanks

#7 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,413 Thanks
  • 3,163 posts

Posted May 05, 2015 - 04:03 PM

OK a few pics.second shot shows a minor issue that needs addressing. It works great, smooth and quiet. Notice the full sized weasler #6 joint at the tractor side, fits with plenty of clearance. Only minor correction is the tensioner spring, way too light. I'll grab a heavier one tomorrow and test it again after I give a bit more room for the lower radiator hose.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20150505_163956.jpg
  • IMG_20150505_163804.jpg
  • IMG_20150505_163655.jpg
  • IMG_20150505_163717.jpg

• olcowhand, KennyP, Cat385B and 1 other said thanks

#8 Chopperhed OFFLINE  

Chopperhed
  • Member No: 20120
  • 1,852 Thanks
  • 1,071 posts

Posted May 06, 2015 - 09:51 PM

Nice. Really Nice.

#9 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,413 Thanks
  • 3,163 posts

Posted May 07, 2015 - 03:06 AM

Well I addressed the 2 minor issues in less than a minute and was back in the garden tilling up the leaves and such. I'm quite pleased at how well and easy it would have been to do this if the tractor wasn't a Frankenstein. Attaching the front brackets and rear 3 point hitch is very simple and straight forward, the center bearing looks like it too would be easy if you could get the correct type ,but for me, it was easy to make a bracket and weld it in,then bolt on a heavy duty collar lock unit .

So for all you Ford guys out there, if you can find a factory pto setup grab it and install ,its pretty easy,especially on the closed side machines.
  • KennyP and Rock farmer have said thanks

#10 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted May 07, 2015 - 05:46 AM

I had to take mine off and replace the bearings when I first got the tractor. Not that big of a deal. Mine has 2 center bearings that took the most effort to get shimmed right. The one toward the rear was a bit hard to get to the nuts inside the frame, but doable.

#11 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,413 Thanks
  • 3,163 posts

Posted May 16, 2015 - 07:00 PM

Got all issues addressed and then addressed the tiller!! The factory setup sucks when you have a 3 point hitch because you need to take off the arms and such so I converted the tiller to 3 point. Boys it works nice now and can be changed in a heart beat.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20150516_183147.jpg
  • IMG_20150516_183207.jpg

• olcowhand, KennyP, Rock farmer and 1 other said thanks

#12 SNUFFY OFFLINE  

SNUFFY
  • Member No: 47170
  • 184 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted June 17, 2015 - 06:40 AM

wow.....been off here for a while. Love what you`re doing with your tractor.....exactly what I`m wanting to do with my LGT-14d. I haven`t given up finding the OEM parts to add the 3 PT and rear PTO for mine....but realize it might be hard to find. With a little research I believe some of the other models parts may be adapted to work. I`ve expanded my search to the GT65-95 models and the 18H. I know where I can get a running GT-95 without a deck (don`t need it) that looks like the rear fender and floorboard section will fit for about 300$. Mine was damaged in shipping and the footrest have a rusty spot or two...which is a common flaw. I think it is power steering too...don`t know if I can make it fit or not.

I`ve been thinking about getting Hyd control valve off Ebay and conjuring up up a crude 3PT if I can figure out how to tap in the Hyd System. Need to use a small cultivator for garden now....

You call yours a Frankenstein.....did you trade out the gas for Diesel ???? Not up to speed on all the different models...but getting there. I`ve also look at making a pto setup with generic bearing carriers and shafts if I can`t find the factory stuff.

Where did you get the purty blue stuff in you pics and the other stuff too ???

• Chopperhed said thank you

#13 SNUFFY OFFLINE  

SNUFFY
  • Member No: 47170
  • 184 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted June 17, 2015 - 06:48 AM

do you have any pics of before and after you started adding parts to the back of tractor....while mine isn`t the same I maybe able to get some ideas. I see bolt bosses in my rear end that I`m guessing a fairly hefty plate would need to be added to mount the accessories stuff to.

#14 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,413 Thanks
  • 3,163 posts

Posted June 17, 2015 - 07:17 AM

Snuffy, you need to look back at my 3 point hitch posts here in the Ford section, you can then see how much went into that final design. Of which, is a factory style bolt on , as is the factory pto. But your 14D is a real nightmare to find parts for, never mind factory add ons....

#15 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,413 Thanks
  • 3,163 posts

Posted June 26, 2015 - 06:00 PM

Well, after removing my deck frame to gain clearance for hilling my corn, I noticed it was sloppy as all get up so I started looking into it, to see why.
Found all but 1 bushing wiped out and 2 of the frame shoulder bolts were not correct and the front frame section was bent.
And this thing mowed great, just didnt lift high . Well made 2 new shoulder bolts and ordered new flanged bushings from mcmaster . Had ro trim all the bushings but that was easy. Assembly was fun.....not the easiest thing to work on laying on the ground , but I got it done and mowed, boy nothing like new belts,blades,bearings,and a tight frame. Mowed like a dream and very quiet too.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1435359418625.jpg

• MH81, KennyP and Cvans have said thanks