• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted April 25, 2015 - 01:58 PM

I have a Sears rider here (not a GT, I wouldn't even consider a good "LT") has a blown 19HP Briggs twin/46" cut,  all I hear from the owner was how it would "mow circles around their other rider til it blew"

this belongs to my son's girlfriends' family. I told them I might have an engine e here that would work on it as I have heard a lot about this machine over the last couple years since it has had to sit. Yet nobody could tell me what engine was on there or even the HP even though it has decals all over the outside of it telling that info. NO hood raise nneeded to answer the question.

so last week my son just shows up with the machine and I see the blown engine  Ummm oh... I see..

My 2 vert shaft engines are a 14HP vanguard and a 13 HP Tecumseh Enduro. Neither a twin, neither rated as high of HP.  but back in the day 14HP engines handled 50" decks on Cub Quiet line machines just fine... 

I think this 14HP would carry this machine just fine.  Agree? Maybe not so much?

• boyscout862 said thank you

#2 craftsmanmowerfreak OFFLINE  

craftsmanmowerfreak
  • Member No: 16215
  • 258 Thanks
  • 222 posts

Posted April 25, 2015 - 02:09 PM

i agree the 14 hp should push the deck

• boyscout862 and dodge trucker have said thanks

#3 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,804 Thanks
  • 7,544 posts

Posted April 25, 2015 - 03:23 PM

It may not cut as fast. This has all the makings of a "no good deed goes unpunished" situation. Good Luck, Rick

• dodge trucker said thank you

#4 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted April 26, 2015 - 07:09 PM

well I abandoned this one, it needs too much other stuff to make it worthwhile. Steering is shot (both gears at steering column and axle pivot) battery, and more. By the time I were to get all the pieces, I would have more into it than it's worth. and that would be before I added anything for myself....

• KennyP said thank you