16 replies to this topic

#16 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,134 Thanks
  • 4,486 posts

Posted April 28, 2015 - 09:06 PM

Replaced the starter in the G16 today.  Drive end bushing was out along with the drive system.  Rather than go with a new end cap and starter drive I opted for a new starter.  Have to pull the motor to get to it and it still is not a fun job. This one should last me the rest of my working days - I hope !  Motor goes back in  in the morning.  Need new motor mounts but they can be put in later without to much trouble.  Need to pull the carb and check it out and it should be ready for a test firing.  See my other post on the work table for photos for the G16 on the ramp up to the work table.

#17 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,134 Thanks
  • 4,486 posts

Posted April 29, 2015 - 08:55 PM

Well, got interrupted and forgot to attach the starter cable. Had to lift the motor again to get that done. Lot of piddle stuff like choke cable, throttle cable routing, safety switch, etc. Finally got around to give it a test run. Little dribble of fuel in the carb and cranked it over. Fired right off and ran. Warmed it up good and adjust the carb a little. Settled down and ran real nice. Need to work on the throttle/governor linkage tomorrow. If I get the right measurements for the belt will give it a drive tomorrow. Then can start on the cosmetic things, like paint touch up, decals, etc.