Garden Tractor Forums banner

Bolens 800 decals

2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Bolens 1000 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
A friend of mine is making up some Bolens decals for my 800 as a favour.

He asked for the measurement for the Bolens hood decals on the side like the one pictured. Also he need a photo of the high/low gear sticker and its dimensions.

Can anyone help me out on this please.

Thanks

Tire Wheel Vehicle Tractor Automotive tire

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Look under the thread of Lucky Weekend Number 3. I posted a photo of the gear shift with the Hi Lo decal. Can't give you the measurements but from the photo he should be able to make it close enough for gov't. work. Roger

Reactions: Bolens800uk
#8 ·
#10 ·
On the subject of the correct decals for the 800... How would one know what year their 800 is if it has already been restored and has no serial number sticker?
I understand the '63 had the S7 and not the S8 engine, mine has the S8 but the seller told me it was a '63 model.
I guess I could just call it a '64 or '65 model year but I was wondering if there was any other detail that could determine what it really is?

Also from what I can tell Sam's only has one decal set available for the 800...

#13 ·
Thats a 1964/1965 800, the decals are likely the correct style for this model , there was another style used as well but it was less common.

Looks like the guy who reproduced these decals did a poor job with details and I can see a few things right off the bat that aren't right.

I do have some NOS hood decals for the 800 I should send to click it and stick it and get them reproduced.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.